What happened to Head-fi?

nickknutson

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, yes, that did the trick. Farther back for me than for others -- not just to my time on the board, but to my time on the board before I figured out how to turn avatars off.

Yeah, mbriant. He was a royal Canadian asshole. Too bad I probably lost the wonderful pm exchange I had with him when he decided it was okay to delete threads without informing the OP why he was deleting them. He seems to suffer from a bad case of assholism.

Between mbriant, rick and zanth, I often wondered if Jude had some serious problem with judgment calls. I also had some great pm exchanges with rick where he threatened me with physical violence for making him look like an ass in the political forum.

Anyway, Hi Dusty, long time no see! ;D

Thin skin? HA! >:D

Between mbriant, rick and zanth, I often wondered if Jude had some serious problem with judgment calls. I also had some great pm exchanges with rick where he threatened me with physical violence for making him look like an ass in the political forum.

What's your problem with zanth?

Yeah, mbriant. He was a royal Canadian asshole. Too bad I probably lost the wonderful pm exchange I had with him when he decided it was okay to delete threads without informing the OP why he was deleting them. He seems to suffer from a bad case of assholism.

Anyway, Hi Dusty, long time no see! ;D

Thin skin? HA! >:D

Ha ha ha....That freaking Rick! he sent me emails twice about coming to Ga. and kicking my ass. Actually, he threatened me during the threads also.

He banned me then forgot it was a temp ban and I stayed in limbo for several months then got re-instated after I found him on the irc channel and asked him about it.

So he's human, made a mistake, and corrected it when pointed out? And you probably deserved the temp ban?

I have always believed Zanth to generally be a nice fellow.

Dan and Zanth were the only moderators over there with any brains.

I talked to zanth only once and he seemed quite reasonable.

However he is getting (or has finally gotten) a Ph.D in mathematics, so

he clearly must be insane. :D He is in the wrong country to turn into

Dr. Atomic

zanth? what the fuck? zanth is one of the best, kindest, most awesome people i've ever known.

Probably due to who I was hanging out with from head-fi back then...kelly, grinch, audio&me...all a buncha hooligans who loved to instigate shit with the mods...especially kelly.

ah.

yeah, when that irc channel came about some mods would hang out, even Jude on occasion. However, if they sent spies here at head-case, then I imagine they might have been doing the same thing with the irc channel to see who's talking smack and trying to instigate fights, which were mostly due to Jude's move towards transforming head-fi into a commercial venture. People like kelly were furious that head-fi was being popularized and the site was beginning to become flooded with noobs. Damn...I've been on head-fi too long... :kitty: