My Rihanna - Umbrella Remixes CD is here!

Elephas

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

So after 6 months of listening to Rihanna - Umbrella (Remixes), I began to become a bit tired of it. I tried listening to other similar-type songs, such as remix versions of Hilary Duff, Kelly Clarkson, Frou Frou, Goldfrapp, some Sarah McLachlan and Madonna. But none of them could substitute for Umbrella.

But now I'm pleased to announce that after an intensive three month search involving a lot of tiring butt wriggling while sitting in my listening chair, I've found the perfect substitutes. Yes, plural with an S. I had to crawl slowly back in time while taking increasingly larger risks. Several encounters with low bit-rate tracks of Expose, Stacy Q, The Cover Girls, L'Trimm, and some bad covers of ABBA songs almost left me unable to listen to headphones anymore. I doubt that anyone can question my determination.

It took three songs in order to fully repair the emotional hole caused by not listening to Umbrella daily (admittedly because I got sick of it, but is this relevant?). Now, these three songs were carefully selected out of thousands of potential candidates. I am only sharing this valuable info here because... actually, I don't know why.

Anyway, without further ado, the substitutes for Umbrella are (drumroll):

Britney Spears - Everytime (Above & Beyond's Radio Mix)

Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now (Extended Version)

Kim Wilde - Kids In America (2006 Version ft. Charlotte Hatherley)

So, what is jazz? Aside from Billie Holiday.

And what's so close about jazz and punk? I listen to some punk, albeit pop punk like Lagwagon. ::) I'm more into death and black metal, which does have a montonic vocal representation. Name me some that's like punk and I'll go buy some today. I'm on vacation with an arm length list of honey-dos, and a really pissy mood because of it. I'd rather go peruse Rasputin now.

I suggest you buy either a Bill Evans or John Coltrane CD, sit down after dinner and give a listen. Not in a car, not on and Ipod but listen, not one track or play the CD one time but LISTEN. If after a few times of quiet listening and you still don't get jazz, then I would say yeah, you don't get it. No problem, everyone has their own tastes. No big deal, jut find something you like.

I don't understand why anyone would want to listen to jazz when there are remix versions of Britney, Hilary Duff, Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, etc. True, I also have many jazz albums, but seriously they can't compare to a nice remix version.

Those poor miserable headphones... :palm:

Whoever buys my headphones are gonna get special units that were "Exclusively burned-in for 400 hours of actual listening time with Rihanna - Umbrella...and only Rihanna - Umbrella."

I don't think markl mods can beat that. The headphones are going to sell for double market value.

Whoever buys my headphones are gonna get special units that were "Exclusively burned-in for 400 hours of actual listening time with Rihanna - Umbrella...and only Rihanna - Umbrella."

I don't think markl mods can beat that. The headphones are going to sell for double market value.

If you can burn in your SR-Omega with Sugarbabes, I'm first in line to buy it :o

Could I send you some of my phones for "treatment"?

Do you think it would be possible to re-run in my 40+ year old SR-1...? :eek:

Anyway, without further ado, the substitutes for Umbrella are (drumroll):

Britney Spears - Everytime (Above & Beyond's Radio Mix)

Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now (Extended Version)

Kim Wilde - Kids In America (2006 Version ft. Charlotte Hatherley)

Dude, you really need to discover some Kylie Minogue. The album Body Language is a particular favorite of mine. The video for the song, "Slow" cracks me up:

Also Pink, her first album, Can't Take Me Home -- check out the track, Hell Wit Ya:

Annie, Anniemal -- "Chewing Gum":

If you can burn in your SR-Omega with Sugarbabes, I'm first in line to buy it :o

Could I send you some of my phones for "treatment"?

Do you think it would be possible to re-run in my 40+ year old SR-1...? :eek:

Due to this massive demand for Elephas Mods, I'm gonna have to charge triple of markl mods. I've come up with a similar business model:

"After performing the Elephas Mods on the Sony PFR-V1, I famously sold my R10's, SR-Omega's and L3000's! Markl mods only (stupidly) sold one R10 after getting a D5000. I sold six headphones!"

Kylie Minogue doesn't seem to work very well on the headphones I tried them with. Listening to the "The Loco-Motion (7" Mix)" five times in a row actually seemed to reduce the SR-007Mk2's soundstage by 13%.

When are you going to perform my mods on the SR-007 Mk2...?:indra:

I'm afraid to remove the earpads in case I can't install them again. Maybe if you posted a 12-Step Plan with lots of photos and a video... :P

And I'll wait for the Blue Hawaii SE, I don't think the O2's are competitive enough vs. the HE90 or SR-Omega with the Aristaeus.

I'm afraid to remove the earpads in case I can't install them again. Maybe if you posted a 12-Step Plan with lots of photos and a video... :P

Somehow I don't see that tutorial as a future project... :rolleyes: The pads are easy enough to get back on with some patience and some tape really helps to secure the starting point.

And I'll wait for the Blue Hawaii SE, I don't think the O2's are competitive enough vs. the HE90 or SR-Omega with the Aristaeus.

I've been "suffering" with only a few Stax amps here and I feel for you. I need that BHSE soon or to get off my ass and get the DIY one up and running with the massive PSU... ;D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...