New Members - How did you discover Head-Case?

Grand Enigma

• 2 months later...

There was a post asking about this website at HF. The poster was asking what was the difference between HF and here. I believe the answer was that one could use bad language here. I was fucking impressed. I also read that HF would be deleting the posts about this site. I high-tailed it over here and joined right up. And here I am.

Cheers!

There was a post asking about this website at HF. The poster was asking what was the difference between HF and here. I believe the answer was that one could use bad language here. I was fucking impressed. I also read that HF would be deleting the posts about this site. I high-tailed it over here and joined right up. And here I am.

Cheers!

Don't be too fucking impressed or eager to try out saying whatever you want to here, since if you're stupid with what you say, in no matter what choice of language, it rarely works out well. Otherwise, welcome. :)

No worries Yashicaman, I still have to write something intelligent in this site and they haven't banned me so far ;) Maybe because they appreciate my efforts for not being a douche bag, which is my nature :P

Freedom here is not about the kind of language you use, but about the content of your posts. They may be inane, but should have a minimum of sarcasm, cynicism or double meaning to pass as smart 8) Just kidding. Relax, read and think a bit before writing ;D

I actually didn't join Head-Case because I could use all the swear words that I've accumlated in my lifetime (and I hope that I accumulate some more--life actually, and if it happens, a few more swear words). Listening to music, the gear, speakers, headphone, amps, etc., are one of my hobbies. Another is writing music and playing music. I'm here to learn and occassionally offer some vague insight or opinion re: audio matters when I can.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I think I found Head-Case around the same time I found HF. I joined over there because it was bigger and the people seemed less angry. After a while, I thought I would come check this place out again. It turns out you aren't angry, but just don't like stupid people. I am not an expert on everything, and will not pretend to be if I am not. I never have to worry about reading any misleading statements here; if one is made it gets sorted out quick. To say the least, I am now a big fan of Head-Case.

Fair point. stupid people can make me angry as well. I may be ignorant on a lot of the subjects that are discussed here, but that is why I don't involve myself in those conversations. I would rather just read what the more knowledgable members have to say. At least hear you are always alerted when someone has said something dumb. To think before I joined here, I believed Steve Guttenberg.

But what am I going to do with all these pitchforks and torches, then?

You probably won't have to bide your time for too long.

I suppose I'm still relatively new, so I can share my story. I was googling the head-fier "mitchb", trying to figure out how I could mess with him after reading this thread on the other forum. I found a parallel thread relating to the situation on this forum, lurked for a long while out of fear, finally registered, got told off by Dusty, persevered, really enjoyed mostly reading, and eventually got told off less and less until Dan let me into the back room. I'm very happy to be here, especially due to all the penis jokes. My wife is hoping to schedule a road trip to California one of these days, so I might actually get to meet some of you in the flesh at some point.

Edited by acidbasement