Speaker Cable

tkam

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't get past the 60lb weight.

Jebus, the damn thing weighs more than my power amp.

Somewhat back on topic, I plan on trying out both anti-cables and 4S11 in my rig. At only bit over $1/foot, I won't be spending all that much even if I don't like one or both of them.

I actually like Kimber ICs, and I've used Kimber speaker cable (hand terminating 8TC FTL). My only major concern about Kimber is that the don't use any strain relief and you have to careful that the components don't damage the cables.

With those hideous things, you have to be careful that the cables don't damage the components. :o

Jebus, the damn thing weighs more than my power amp.

Somewhat back on topic, I plan on trying out both anti-cables and 4S11 in my rig. At only bit over $1/foot, I won't be spending all that much even if I don't like one or both of them.

Well to keep things in perspective, for the price of one set of Kimber Black Pearls you could have nearly six miles of Canare 4S11. This will allow you to listen to your home rig while at work.

I actually like Kimber ICs, and I've used Kimber speaker cable (hand terminating 8TC FTL). My only major concern about Kimber is that the don't use any strain relief and you have to careful that the components don't damage the cables.

With those hideous things, you have to be careful that the cables don't damage the components. :o

I once wired up a HT system for a friend with 8TC and when all was said and done my hands were a bloodstained mess. :o Great cables though and I still use a set of 4TC on my old speaker rig.

I use Audio Note Lexus ICs and speaker cables for all my equipment, except headphone cables. These are a bargain at their prices, and perform quite well even when compared to Audio Note AN-Vx at much higher prices.

I also think that Drew Brewer is very good at building cables, but I have never heard his speaker cables.