Squeezebox Duet

xand1x

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Logitech ship to Canada? If so, they have a 20% off coupon going for trading in old Logitech product (e.g., mouse).

Unfortunately not. The Touch is supposed to be a logitech.com exclusive shipping only to the US. This store has only just in the last month managed to wrangle some stock.

Ok. I think i have finally found what I have been looking for to get into a wireless based source. Woot.

Edit: I will have to read more about it, but I fear that the touch could actually lag and skip when hooked up to an external. One review on amazon mentioned that it may not work smoothly with external hard drive usage.

Edited by recstar24

Ok. I think i have finally found what I have been looking for to get into a wireless based source. Woot.

Edit: I will have to read more about it, but I fear that the touch could actually lag and skip when hooked up to an external. One review on amazon mentioned that it may not work smoothly with external hard drive usage.

The other alternative for deeper pockets is to run Squeezecentre on a ReadyNAS device. Easier to transfer files to the NAS than moving a USB device from your Touch to your computer and back.

• 2 weeks later...

Those using Touch with Slimserver (or whatever it is called now-a-days) and not an external storage connected directly to Touch, any issues with Touch randomly losing the context of library, requiring rescan of the library?

After my SB3's library went missing again this weekend (and now not reappearing even after two full rescans), I'm just wondering if Touch is any better in this regard than good ol' SB3.

My touch is more "touchy" about losing the library. This is using squeezecenter on an Imac and the library on a networked Mac mini. Neither one of the duets currently in service had this problem nor the Boom. The SB3s are currently not in use, but they never really had that problem either. My quess is that it is an interaction with the built-in server software as well as perhaps polling of the USB port. But then again, I'm certainly no expert.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...