Legit headphone stands

Nenso

Thanks Nate.

Yes I do build them to sell. Everyone is custom though, as I hate building the same thing over and over. I have many pics of stands I've built for people that I could send to anyone who might be interested. Also S^2 Audio (warrior05 and I) has a less expensive stock stand that Scott builds, and they're quite nice on a budget.

Does S^2 have a web site? If so, could you please publish the URL? Thx.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

moderator note: don't do that -grawk

Anyways, as I was saying.. I was going to get a block of Asada cherry wood from a very good family friend to make a part of a headphone stand with it. I thought it would look nice to put my W1000 (which is made of Asada cherry wood as well) on it and the wood was going to be free/cheaper whereas normally it would cost a lot and is hard to find since it is kind of rare in Japan due to the fact that they do not cut down many trees. Anyways, when I asked Larry.. he told me he didn't accept 'customer wood' so I gave up until I saw this thread.

ヘ(^^ヘ))))... ...((((ノ^^)ノ

:rofl:

back on topic, I'm trying to find a way to stomach buying a Stax headphone stand for my OII. I already have the nifty little plastic cover, I want to complete the package.

The way the Stax stands compress the O2 pads you might be better off with one that leaves the pads hanging. Or get Steve to make you a stand with a STAX logo (that would be so tite?)

The way the Stax stands compress the O2 pads you might be better off with one that leaves the pads hanging. Or get Steve to make you a stand with a STAX logo (that would be so tite?)

Oh wow, the stax stands compress the pads? Thats bad. Bad stax!! :mikey2:

Steve, I might end up sending you an email then, see if you can do a similar, simple stand that doesn't compress the pads.

Oh wow, the stax stands compress the pads? Thats bad. Bad stax!! :mikey2:

Steve, I might end up sending you an email then, see if you can do a similar, simple stand that doesn't compress the pads.

People have mentioned it in the past:

hps2_4_tn.jpg

Looks like the stand would be better suited for Lambdas.

moderator note: don't do that -grawk

Anyways, as I was saying.. I was going to get a block of Asada cherry wood from a very good family friend to make a part of a headphone stand with it. I thought it would look nice to put my W1000 (which is made of Asada cherry wood as well) on it and the wood was going to be free/cheaper whereas normally it would cost a lot and is hard to find since it is kind of rare in Japan due to the fact that they do not cut down many trees. Anyways, when I asked Larry.. he told me he didn't accept 'customer wood' so I gave up until I saw this thread.

ヘ(^^ヘ))))... ...((((ノ^^)ノ

can you get me some Kaya wood? :)

can you get me some Kaya wood? :)

I'm not really sure but I don't think I can sorry, because it is already a hassle for me to ask him to give me some wood. He imports wood to Japan so he has some connections with people in the lumber industry there, but I don't think I can get you that.

What are you going to do with Kaya anyways? Make 'Go' board with it and play? ;) heh

do u accept customer wood?

Sorry buddy, I'm straight. >:D

It actually depends on the wood I guess. I'm kind of a wood snob, and I don't like to bother with most common woods. Also understand that in a stand like those I make, materials will be the smaller percentage of the final cost, it's the labor that adds up.

That being said I'm always willing to discuss it, but PM would be more appropriate.

Did your top stand crumble/chip away?

Those are natural occlusions in the Maple Burl. Most woodworkers value them, as opposed to working around them. It's just an aesthetic choice, but I happen to really like them.

I'm not really sure but I don't think I can sorry, because it is already a hassle for me to ask him to give me some wood. He imports wood to Japan so he has some connections with people in the lumber industry there, but I don't think I can get you that.

What are you going to do with Kaya anyways? Make 'Go' board with it and play? ;) heh

I wish. I have a nice floor goban made from Katsura and a nice shogi table board from Katsura as well, both from Hokkaido. Kaya is so expensive ... I'd like to try and use it to put under amplifiers and what not ... so small blocks / cubes would be fine.

Steve, this is Headcase. Everything is kosher here except being an asshat. So don't worry about HF MOT things, say what you want. The worst that will happen is some joker will respond with:

MOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOT

;D

OK cool!

I'm still learning things over here. Still not sure what the pirate speak is, but I really do like the freedom over here, and the sarcasm is right up my alley. :dance: