Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

The headphone access sucks and definitely won't fit the stupidly big jack on the whiplash cables. It might fit the JH13s but it will be close as the frame gap is not too wide.

Every time you want to use the headphone jack you have to pull up the flap, which is annoying enough, but then every time you try to jam the flap back into place it pop some other part of the rubber out of alignment.

The screen protector is pretty bad so I wish it was like the iPad and I could just go without. Tactile feel is pretty grainy and it gets greasy really fast and I get the rainbows/oil slicks all over the screen.

The screen protector is pretty bad so I wish it was like the iPad and I could just go without. Tactile feel is pretty grainy and it gets greasy really fast and I get the rainbows/oil slicks all over the screen.

Jeff,

I took the screen protector out of my Otterbox case after realizing that it was the cause of a good deal of my first round of frustrations with the iPhone. It is a much better case without it and I'd imagine the same would hold true for the '4' case. And the headphone jack thing is annoying but a sharp blade will cure that flap of what ails it.

^ Argh, that sounds annoying. I guess I should've held off on buying mine, though I've no idea when they're shipping mine.

I bought mine on Tuesday and it shipped on Wednesday.

Nate, I looked at removing the screen, it looks fairly simple. Wouldn't cutting off that flap affect the overall rigidity of the rest of the rubber cover?

Nate, I looked at removing the screen, it looks fairly simple. Wouldn't cutting off that flap affect the overall rigidity of the rest of the rubber cover?

Removing the screen was painless, at least on my case. And I don't know enough about your specific version of the O'box case to speak intelligently about it. I suspect that if you're worried about it you probably have a valid concern and at this point my recommendation would be to return the case. It doesn't seem like you're a fan. I can tell you that the only reason that I stuck with mine is that it was free.

Removing the screen was painless, at least on my case. And I don't know enough about your specific version of the O'box case to speak intelligently about it. I suspect that if you're worried about it you probably have a valid concern and at this point my recommendation would be to return the case. It doesn't seem like you're a fan. I can tell you that the only reason that I stuck with mine is that it was free.

I am actually liking the overall design with just a couple of design things that bug me. The case certainly feels like it could absorb a fall and keep all the glass pretty well secure.

For those that need it you can download the iPhone4 Case Program app from the app store now to choose your case. A good amount of cases to choose from in my opinion.

On a related note, Apple had already refunded me for the bumper case I bought prior to the last Friday's press conference. I didn't realize that I didn't need to do anything for it (I bought mine at an Apple store with a credit card).

That is good. I never got around to getting one of those but I have amassed a pretty good collections of cases now.

This Defender is just too sticky. I think if I made gloves out of this rubber material I could climb up the side of the building like Spiderman. Any lint within 12 inches of the cases seems to get sucked into its tractor beam and stuck on the phone. When you put it in your pocket it comes out looking like a big furry phone. I need to carry the case/phone inside a Ziplock I think.

@Jeff... The screen protector OtterBox uses sucks. I figure you have an InvisibleShield or something for it, use that and take out the plastic. The one on my Storm would come out with a little prodding, but I haven't seen the iPhone 4 one yet, so like Nate I can't be sure how that one would work. This case isn't really pocketable, it's designed for the greatest deal of protection, and to be used with the holster/kept in a bag/purse/Dinny-Approved-Murse.

If you want to pocket, I'd look at the Commuter (coming soon). Another option that I've been reasonably happy with (on a smaller phone that was pocketed) was the Seidio Innocase. Not out just yet for the iPhone 4, but should be soon. seidioonline.com

I would have no qualms dropping a phone in an OtterBox Defender onto concrete from 5-10 feet.

Oh... look, Otterbox just released the Defender case for the HD2. Hmmm...

**BRENT**

@Jeff .... Another option that I've been reasonably happy with (on a smaller phone that was pocketed) was the Seidio Innocase. Not out just yet for the iPhone 4, but should be soon. [url=http://www.seidioonline.com/category-s/4309.htm]seidioonline ...

**BRENT**

The innocase for the evo does not add much bulk and has a nice compromise between rubbery lint magnet and slick plastic accident waiting to happen. Don't think it will protect it from a fall from 6 ft onto concrete though.

The innocase for the evo does not add much bulk and has a nice compromise between rubbery lint magnet and slick plastic accident waiting to happen. Don't think it will protect it from a fall from 6 ft onto concrete though.

Oh... I wouldn't drop an iPhone 4/Evo/most things in an Innocase from more than say, 3 ft. Maybe 18" onto concrete. But it is really thin, is one of the best feeling cases for thin phones, reasonably unobtrusive... I like it. If you want to pocket it and not drop it on concrete, good choice. I like dropping thigns on concrete, though.

**BRENT**

For those that missed out on Oyaide LOD group buy, I believe this one very similar to the Oyaide LOD.

Amazon.com: FiiO L3 Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone: Electronics

At least according to FiiO, the cable is made by Oyaide while FiiO assembled the LOD.

EDIT - Oh, and it's black and not white.

Edited by Salt Peanuts