Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Just came out: iphone installation process

Multi-chat tool like IM+ but one that also allows VOIP calls using Skype and apparently even SkypeOut. Will give it a try later but it looks promising.

Sweet. I hope this works as advertised. I get crappy cell reception in my basement dungeon office but I'm sitting right next to my router.

I've been using OmniFocus for a couple of days on the MacBook and the iPod Touch and I have to say it's the first iPhone/iTouch app I feel it's worth paying for. This application is awesome, it's exactly what I was looking for managing my time and I already couldn't live without it. Any users here?

I've been using the combo for the last month or so...yeah, it's helping a lot.

Omnifocus 1.1 for the iPhone will FINALLY bring Bonjour sync so I can stop using that Apache Webdav hack. Supposed to be released soon.

Yeah, that's great news. I'm on the free MobileMe trial right now, but I don't plan paying 100$/year for it when the trial ends.

The issue for me in finding useful apps is that more often than not my Ipod does not have web access. So anything that tries to either regularly ping a server (like weather apps or woot watch) or works through a web interface isn't going to work very well. The joys of a wired/non-wireless office.

1password (and the corresponding desktop app) is cool as well.

Love it on the desktop, but the iPhone app sucks for reasons largely beyond their control (sandboxing rules etc.) Their first implementation -- letting you use bookmarklets in Safari -- worked far better and I think they've recently added that functionality back into the desktop version after getting a flood of complaints from whinging ingrates like me.

Since Apple has removed the iPhone App links and the iPod Touch App links in the App store, find new apps is a little bit tougher (those links featured apps organized by release date. You can still do that in each category, but nothing exists for all categories anymore).

But.... AppShopper: iPhone App Deals and Discovery

Neat little site that allows you to view, browse and filter out apps according to update/price change/new...etc.