Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

You should be able to use anything with wi-fi and a web browser to control the SB. I have been using my PSP.

There is also a program called iPeng for the iPhone that looks pretty good.

I used iPeng on my iPod Touch back before iPhone 2.0 software....it did work quite well.

I had a misprint above: should have written via swingcenter.

You can use Safari to control swingcenter: default port is 9000. example http://192.168.1.100:9000

I use swingcenter's simplest skin.

Yes, album art is displayed.

The link won't load for me.

Do you have a link for swingcenter? Can't find anything using search on the Slim Devices forums or on Google.

You should be able to use anything with wi-fi and a web browser to control the SB. I have been using my PSP.

There is also a program called iPeng for the iPhone that looks pretty good.

I don't have any portable wireless devices (other than my laptop, which case I'd rather use the SB remote). My Palm and my phone are bluetooth only.

I would consider an Ipod Touch if it has a good interface to control the SB3.

I think our resident bitch weasel is confused.

The logitech/slimdevices server software is called SqueezeCenter (formerly known as SlimServer)

It has various flavors of web/html "skins", that you can use to interact with it.

Your client browser can operated on a wired or wireless device, as long as it has tcp/ip (and http) access to the server (typically on port 9000)

Some of these skins are optimized for use with specific browsers / devices

e.g. the nokia 770 skin.

There is also a CLI protocol that can be used by non web based clients,

the slimdevices controler is an example of such a dedicated component.

The iPeng plugin is a web based interface that exploits specific features of the safari browser, and device characteristics of the iPhone/iTouch.

Full Details Here

Does it do artwork. Yes - if you have it on the server.

e.g.

080116_nowplaying_trackstat.png

playing-1-sm.png

playing-2-sm.png

you can look at lots of pretty pictures/screen shots here

Edited by Grahame
ii->i

Rite now i am using the remote app to control My main listening setup cause my G08 is down and out for repairs. I have the itunes > dac1 > b52 > balanced 600's.

I got to be honest, either know the Dac1 listening is different then the g08 I am so getting spoiled by the remote app instead of control the Meridian single cd player with a standard remote, any song i want i can select from the iphone without changing cds or clicking a mouse...

I've been using OmniFocus for a couple of days on the MacBook and the iPod Touch and I have to say it's the first iPhone/iTouch app I feel it's worth paying for. This application is awesome, it's exactly what I was looking for managing my time and I already couldn't live without it. Any users here?