Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Well Switcheasy came through and my black CapsuleTouch arrived today. The construction on this and the attention to detail with the included accessories is very nice. It is a fully enclosed case (including a screen cover) so it is very different than the Body Glove case i was using. It will take a while to get used to it, but so far, two thumbs up.

If you have a first generation touch, I have a clear (crystal) CapsuleTouch as seen HERE that I can send to the first person that PM's me they want it.

OpenTable just released an iPhone app: I handily recommend it for reservations on the go.

And also Google Mobile just updated to include the voice search feature. Although I'm not sure how good it is, since the two times I tried asking "where is the nearest Starbucks" turned out to be "worst fear starbucks." Hmmm...

For those that do not wish to be switching between Bluetooth and wired phones, I see Griffin makes a wired adapter called the SmartTalk that contains a mic and a jack to plug your IEMs, etc. in. $20. Picked one up, but haven't tested yet as I have an ear infection at the moment.

For those that do not wish to be switching between Bluetooth and wired phones, I see Griffin makes a wired adapter called the SmartTalk that contains a mic and a jack to plug your IEMs, etc. in. $20. Picked one up, but haven't tested yet as I have an ear infection at the moment.

Shure also makes something like that as well.

i wouldn't mind having a Newton, just to play around with.

I've been looking for one on eBay that strikes the right balanced between price and condition... so far no luck. There are some websites where you can get a near mint or NOS unit (2100, the last PDA style Newton built) with all the trimmings, but they are absurdly expensive. So off to eBay and craigslist to find a deal. There are programs out there that will allow you to sync it with OS X 10.5 too.

I know some of this was gone over earlier in this thread, but anyone got a recommendation of a case that provides slight bouncing protection, is dockable and has a removable clip? I may have to resort to going with Specks ToughSkin though a bit thinner would be preferred.

This one fails on several accounts.

diamond-iphone-case-thumb.jpg

As my above post indicates I'm lookin' for a case. Just thought I'd let everyone else know while hunting I came across iFrogz is having a 40% off sale. This includes all cases, but additionally Invisible Shields and even children headphones. Get them addicted early.

Custom iPod Cases, Skins, Covers & iPod Accessories | Ifrogz

headphones_side.jpg

EDIT: First of all, yeezh.

I got an XtremeMac TuffWrap for my iPod, which I'm very happy with. (a) The silicone actually makes it harder to drop, due to its no-slip surface; (B) and it provides a modicum of cushioning when I do anyway. I have no idea how that would translate to an iPhone/iTouch.

Edited by Dusty Chalk