Way to go Head-Fi

Smeggy

Seems like some bright spark decided it would be a great idea to move all the sponsor panels and other shite to the left of the pages instead of the right. Now I have to scroll over for every page I look at because you can't collapse them. Fucking place was bad enough before. I give up.

:rant:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether it stays or not I don't know. I do know that it was done for CanJam. Smeggy, sorry about the effect it's had on your browsing but you feel the place is bad enough anyway so I guess HF did you a favor. ;)

It did indeed, I don't go there much anymore so it's a pain but not a huge one. The site is slow, cluttered and now has added annoyance. Hopefully it'll change back after Canjam, if not I won't bother.

Seems like some bright spark decided it would be a great idea to move all the sponsor panels and other shite to the left of the pages instead of the right. Now I have to scroll over for every page I look at because you can't collapse them. Fucking place was bad enough before. I give up.

:rant:

It'll be a bigger nuisance for those using screen readers / text-to-speech as they'll have a whole block of drivel before they even get to the list of threads :mikey2:

Like I said over there, there are plenty of boxy CSS sites with everything centered, and nothing on the sides. I have no problem focusing my attention to the middle of the screen on those. With the new HF change, you basically just focus at a 'golden ratio' point, more or less. Plus the scrollbar is better now, so I actually think its an improvement.

It doesn't change anything for me and I'm viewing the site on a 13" Macbook screen. I guess my brain kind of filters the ads and I focus on the content alone. Still, I prefer how it looked before, but I can understand why they changed it for now.