Canjam 08 Meet Impressions

postjack

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vickie's exemplar denon into heed obelisk integrated into k1k. My first time with k1ks. Lovely midrange, surprisingly good, stat-like bass. Just a tad bright in the highs. Ray samuels has on a lot of cologne. Smells nice though.

dans duet into ta balanced mosfet into hhf-1. Just lovely, just awesome. I love the way ambient mic recordings sound on this rig. Its not super reach out and grab you audiophile type of rig, but rather one that does nothing wrong, everything right, and that I could listen to for hours.

Porcupine tree out of nightwpundstime's Cyrus cdp into corda move into esw9 was great. I was very surprised at the thumping bass. I was expecting it to be more anemic like the w5000, but it is very different. Definitely a rocking can.

also I'm using this thread like a notepad to remember impressions. :)

Spent some time in the hr room. The audiophile desktop with biwire monoblocks is great! Warm and inviting sound. Tyll and co have a good thing going here. Also, I think I might really like the d5000. Awesome bass, seems like it'd be non fatiguing. Not as similar to the hd650 as other impressions have led me to believe. They are probably the most comfortable cans I've ever worn to boot. I'd love to spend many hours with this can in my rig.

This is all so exciting. :prettyprincess:

doxxie's e5 > massive attack > headphile k340. I see why he loves this rig. Sounds much better then my memories of my stock k340. It handled the crazy midrange of the mfsl heartbreaker with aplomb.

Woo ges > heaudio stat. Very nice! Typical stat bass, but certainly not anemic. Very engaging and in your face. Makes me question its potential in long term listening. Still it was lovely while I was there.

Currently with justin in his glorious scd-1 > bh > o2 rig.

just spending some quality time with vicki's exemplar 2910 > extreme (complete with hum upgrade) > r10. These phones leave an aching feeling in my gut they are so good. I did not expect to like these cans, but I love them. They are just about perfect in all ways. The bass is out of this world! I don't know what people are talking about when they say they are bass shy. My only qualm is there is a bit o' heat somewhere in the midrange, but honestly its more of a warmth that is quite enjoyable. The decay on this phone is marvelous. In fact, it manages to pull of all the audiophile tricks while still being damn musical.

just spending some quality time with vicki's exemplar 2910 > extreme (complete with hum upgrade) > r10. These phones leave an aching feeling in my gut they are so good. I did not expect to like these cans, but I love them. They are just about perfect in all ways. The bass is out of this world! I don't know what people are talking about when they say they are bass shy. My only qualm is there is a bit o' heat somewhere in the midrange, but honestly its more of a warmth that is quite enjoyable. The decay on this phone is marvelous. In fact, it manages to pull of all the audiophile tricks while still being damn musical.

Great impressions Jack. I really want to listen to an R10 one day. Glad you are having a great time there :dance: I'll be waiting for more impressions :):popcorn:

sony made at least two r10 variations. the first is bass shy and supposedly is overall better. then they released a bass version. driving them right makes a huge different too. i loved the r10s the first time i heard them, but my love waned after hearing the l3000s.

Thats the impression I have of them whenever I hear them with Purks SDS or balanced through the SDS-XLR.

sony made at least two r10 variations. the first is bass shy and supposedly is overall better. then they released a bass version. driving them right makes a huge different too. i loved the r10s the first time i heard them, but my love waned after hearing the l3000s.

I saw both of the R10s on sale at Agon, but the bass heavy one is now sold. I always wonder how I would like them since I did own a L3000.

my friend owns both r10 versions plus just got the sds-xlr. so helpfully within the next few weeks i'll get the opportunity to give them both a listen and that sp amp also with my l3000s. can't wait.

Oooo. I would really love to hear that, but I would have to bury the wallet 6 feet under :D. Please let us know how you like them as I would be very curious. I wish I was in this hobby sooner to get a R10 when they came out. Have fun at your friends :dance:.

Clearly you weren't thinking. I just switched to Dan's ESP950s and while they aren't up to the level of the o2 they are pretty damn good.

Well Nate, fortunately, you've buried the "no stats in '08" thing O0

I'm at this rig right now - sweet Jesus. Listening to Goldfrapp's 7th tree and man it just sounds good.

I concur. I went back and spent time with a familiar recording, again the mfsl sacd of heartbreaker. Just lovely, and the system is damn impressive looking to boot. Two huge hunks of silver with the black o2, very cool.

In the room now for a delicious firehouse salad, but I need to head downstairs soon. There is a prize drawing at 4pm and mike said he would rig it so I win vicki's r10! :prettyprincess: Finally I'll get to own these cans after literally hours of wanting it.

Also nate's menace does to grados what no other amp does. Woah.