New O2 + KGSS Rig

tkam

I am listening to me Omega IIs & Rockhopper KGSS as I type. Cowboy Junkies on 45 rpm Vinyl through this set up is some of the best headphone listening I have ever experienced.

Nice tkam! And good stuff to you too, Jeff! That sounds like a very good combo.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OII/member ratio is growing pretty fast on Head-case. :D

From memory, there's me, tkam, postjack, Duggeh, spritzer, deepak, justin, boomana, kevin gilmore, Elpheas. Anyone else?

spritzer doesn't have an O2. He doesn't even like them, he's an HE90 fanboy >:D:police:>:D

I still can't afford an O2, one day though, one day ;D

I can't complain, my current 'stat collection is plenty awesome for my needs and is still the best I've heard to date. I now have what I consider four of the best phones on the planet. I haven't heard the O2 yest so I'm lucky to not miss them.

Having listened to some of the best regarded dynamics I can safely say I think my 'stats are way better than any of them.

I still can't afford an O2, one day though, one day ;D

I can't complain, my current 'stat collection is plenty awesome for my needs and is still the best I've heard to date. I now have what I consider four of the best phones on the planet. I haven't heard the O2 yest so I'm lucky to not miss them.

Having listened to some of the best regarded dynamics I can safely say I think my 'stats are way better than any of them.

Smegma, ECR, Sigma, Lambda?

The O2 + KGSS was what made me fall into the electrostatic money-pit last summer. I didn't realize O2 prices were falling in anticipation of the Mk2 launch in Dec. 2007, and bid too much for a used pair. Then, I needed an amp and was lucky enough to find a used KGSS listed for sale.

I don't have the KGSS anymore, but I would say the O2 + KGSS combination is probably the best deal at a "not-so-insane" price point. I think it is equal to or better than an equivalent dynamic setup, such as HD650 + Zana Deux or W5000 + Zana Deux. Hmm, actually the W5000+ZD versus the O2+KGSS would be a tough choice.

I also think the O2 itself is actually priced very reasonably, especially compared to many discontinued dynamics or the HE90.

The OII/member ratio is growing pretty fast on Head-case. :D

From memory, there's me, tkam, postjack, Duggeh, spritzer, deepak, justin, boomana, kevin gilmore, Elpheas. Anyone else?

Is that what I'm known as around here? >:( Sounds like a constipated elf's name.

Everyone else is spelled accurately. How would you like it if I mangled your name, GPN? Or GPM, GPS, GPX, GPZ? :P

It's nice to the see the old warhorse get the respect that it deserves. I'm using the SR-? mostly now as I'm too scared to plug in the SR-007A... :-[ If that midrange "honk" wasn't due to the new tube in the APL then I might have to try and pull a MarkL on the new SR-007's... :o

spritzer doesn't have an O2. He doesn't even like them, he's an HE90 fanboy >:D:police:>:D

:rofl:

Is that what I'm known as around here? >:( Sounds like a constipated elf's name.

Everyone else is spelled accurately. How would you like it if I mangled your name, GPN? Or GPM, GPS, GPX, GPZ? :P

My excuses sir Legolas...err, I mean Elephas. ;)

I'm using the SR-? mostly now as I'm too scared to plug in the SR-007A

You don't have your SR-007 MK1 anymore?

I think spritzer's secretly listening to the SR-007A. :P

No way dude!!! SR-? gets all of my attention today. I'm listening to The Who's -Tommy on SACD and this is beyond good. :P I think I have to update the APL thread with some impressions...

I love that O2/KGSS setup. 33-50% the cost of an HE90, and so much more listenable. Enjoy!

Agreed, the O2+KGSS combo is really a treat to listen to it. Aside from all the audiophile accolades I could go on about I'll just say that it's a fun and very enjoyable combo.