What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dusty will be selling his epiphanies shortly online so you too can be a more productive part of society.
What? No. I can't even figure out how to have them, much less extract them. I'll mention this to the midwife, though, maybe she ought to start up a side business (of inducing epiphanies).

Since December a small room in my condo has been the catch-all room while my kitchen renovation has been going on. It was tucked out of the way, and just got stuff piled in it, on top of the stuff I already stored down there. Clean clothes, dirty clothes, ski/snowboard/tele gear, hiking gear, biking gear, paint, drywall, tools, extra parts from Ikea. Well, the girlfriend's moving in later this summer, and needless to say, that wouldn't fly. And her mother is visiting from out of town, so I figured I'd get started cleaning it up.

So what did I do? I bit off waaaaay more than I could chew. Going on 3 hours now, and a lot is squared away, but I have lots left to do. Everything got pulled out so I could go through it. I couldn't really go at it any other way, since the space is small and there was so much in there. Unfortunately that means that everything is in such disarray that I can't stop until things get significantly better. Ugh.

Well, that was enough of a break... Back to work.

Since December a small room in my condo has been the catch-all room while my kitchen renovation has been going on. It was tucked out of the way, and just got stuff piled in it, on top of the stuff I already stored down there. Clean clothes, dirty clothes, ski/snowboard/tele gear, hiking gear, biking gear, paint, drywall, tools, extra parts from Ikea. Well, the girlfriend's moving in later this summer, and needless to say, that wouldn't fly. And her mother is visiting from out of town, so I figured I'd get started cleaning it up.

So what did I do? I bit off waaaaay more than I could chew. Going on 3 hours now, and a lot is squared away, but I have lots left to do. Everything got pulled out so I could go through it. I couldn't really go at it any other way, since the space is small and there was so much in there. Unfortunately that means that everything is in such disarray that I can't stop until things get significantly better. Ugh.

Well, that was enough of a break... Back to work.

But does it have an accent wall?

But does it have an accent wall?

:D

No, unfortunately it's all white, and next on the list for demo and reno. It's a decent size, but horribly set up and awkward. Ceiling needs to come down, closet needs to come out and new drywall, heat and a new closet. And paint, of course! It'll be a combo space with a guest bed, extra storage and a desk for when the GF takes grad classes in the fall. At least that's the plan.

I seem to have kicked the I/V noise issues in the ass, unless I am measuring wrong. Appears to be ~200uV p-p on my Tek 7704A (7A22 plugin), though I really don't trust the resolution of my system at these levels. Need a measurement preamp and some new probes at a minimum. Next, I must add in the LPF caps and output buffers (which weren't necessary for this first stage testing), and then actually listen to it to see if there is anything audible.

Unfortunately, it seems I may have had to sacrifice the ESP950 to achieve this, as there is now a very audible noise in the right channel there. :(

ivfront.jpg

ivback.jpg

Thanks bud. It was fun, and the party last night actually was pretty good. Really funny to watch the kids dancing, especially since I am not Chosen and was not on the bar mitzvah circuit where they have had a ton of dances.

Be happy you missed the bar mitzvah circuit. I'm guessing I've been to close to 30.

Gave my notice.

Not really easy when you work in a 2-man office, and while I've only been here for 4 years, I've known the guy almost 9 years. He took it well, and seems happy for me for the opportunity I have in front of me. So the countdown officially begins... I finish up here July 2nd and start the new job on July 6th.

Gave my notice.

Not really easy when you work in a 2-man office, and while I've only been here for 4 years, I've known the guy almost 9 years. He took it well, and seems happy for me for the opportunity I have in front of me. So the countdown officially begins... I finish up here July 2nd and start the new job on July 6th.

n_maher-albums-smileys-picture208-woot.gif