What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jungled?
Kind of like swamped, except in the past tense completive (?). Also, with more of a sense of chaos, and more of a sense of "can't see the forest for the trees". I had been going to school continuously for my entire life at the point that I graduated (to the point of even going to summer school at the end of high school so that I could graduate a year early, and in less than a month started college). So yeah, the first couple of years of no school were kind of a relief.

That Denzel rumor is a little bit of an exaggeration -- yes, we lived together, but nothing happened. And one could do worse than Denzel's leftovers.

I'm glad to be shut of college. I like that my projects now have real implications, and aren't the machinations of someone who's never experienced what it takes to get a product to market.

As with all your blanket statements, that's not always the case.

I miss college--a lot.

I just wish I had worked a bit harder to get better grades. But then I would have missed that party that time.

EDIT: I don't miss law school at all.

I had meh grades in undergrad, for various reasons. I dont regret it one bit, and it hasn't proved detrimental to me one bit. There needs to be a balance between fun and work.

My g/f (fiance in a few weeks, jeez thats weird to say) graduated cum laude, and regrets not having more fun.

I never did figure that out, so I just did everything.

Well what I actually meant was: given limited amount of time, with too much to do, what assignments should be given priority and the most time spent as to maximize the return.

I learned that pulling all nighters to finish a signals ans systems homework wasn't worth it, when it would mess up the following day when I would have to study for an exam.

I don't party or do anything fun at all and I still get my ass handed to me by uni. This semester blew all kinds of chunks (worst one yet, by far). I had a violin jury this morning which ended up going late so I only had an hour or so to look over notes one last time before I got shafted by a math exam.

Between yesterday evening and this morning I spent 5 hours mowing the lawn. Followed that up with re-mulching the front flower beds which took another 4 hours. I'm spent. Only 2 units of alcohol consumed so far, clearly I'm way behind schedule.