What did you do today?

riceboy

A good friend of mine told me that when his son was born he still got 9 hours of sleep a day.... broken up into 3 hour chunks... but 9 hours nonetheless. :eek:

I suppose it all comes down to how early you want to go to bed. Sure, if you want to nod off a 8 pm you might pull that off. Of course you'll feel like you have zero life but it might work. And no offense to your friend but sleep math is not normal math and in this case 3+3+3 does NOT = 9. :)

And I still say that one day I'm going to write a book on parenting and it's going to be called "Life as a Series of Naps". Lily rarely, if ever during the first 6 months slept for longer than 2 or 3 hours at a time. We eventually split shifted the night so that we each got ~5 hours of semi-peaceful sleep.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fairly practiced at it, I used to travel for a living. I have a pair of carry ons that meet all requirements for flying that I can easily pack for a week+ without checking bags. It's a lot more challenging when you're bringing 30 tshirts, and flying on a commuter, tho.

I'm packing tonight so I have time tomorrow to add stuff I forget to put in tonight.

I'm fairly practiced at it, I used to travel for a living. I have a pair of carry ons that meet all requirements for flying that I can easily pack for a week+ without checking bags. It's a lot more challenging when you're bringing 30 tshirts, and flying on a commuter, tho.

Bringing duffel bags full of t shirts sucks, oh wait, you are only bringing 30. :)

I have been packing up my house for the last couple days into a ABF trailer. Today is the final day and I can't wait for it to be over. Then I get to spend the next month being homeless until we close on a new house. Have to find the house first ;)

We should have lunch together before you leave - my treat.

Sat on the deck today, getting to grips with my Hakko 936, re-terminating some stock 650 cables with switchcraft hardware, and heatshrink tubing from my local electronics store. I think I have all possibilities covered for Can Jam.

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

How do you guys get the cables to bend to your will? You have my sympathies.

Radio Kate Bush on Pandora on the Boom, and another Peet's Iced Mocha No-Whip helped . ;D

I thought about packing for canjam. I still haven't started packing, but I did do some laundry. Why did I book a plane leaving so early in the morning tomorrow? What kind of crazy person does that?

Me. Had to get up at 2:30 to catch my flight, at toronado with the guys now.

I decided to cover all the bases, no adaptors == simplest signal path.

I'm with you that the 4 pin XLR is the most logical connector, but since when has logic applied to this hobby :P

I agree, for HD6X0 when using a cost effective cable material, a separate cable isn't such a bad idea (one of each kind). But I've still got three phones with 4-pin XLR, plus a matching APS v3 single ended adapter and dual 3-pin adapter, so I can use all of them on any amp. On the HD600 I do keep a spare APS single ended cable with 1/8" (and stock HD600 and 650 cable) for when I want to avoid the extra connector in the middle of the cable. I'm bringing a spare Neutrik 4-pin with me to CanJam in case I want to have it installed on my HD800 when I pick them up from TTVJ there. I just wont be able to ask anyone to do it till the end of the day Sunday, since Todd will be using them as a demo for the weekend. Or, I might wait and try to do it myself at home. It's nice to have options.

Reminds me of the last Mayberry meet....the disturbing part, not the man-stains, though these events tend to progress, and it was bound to happen some time.

Last call to me was at 11:55. I hit the not available button and went to sleep. I had to get up early to run so I passed on the last call. Considering I had one at 10:30 I figured they would only be slurring their words that much more and I could barely understand a couple of them as it is. Besides, I had other plans. ;) The last thing I needed to hear about were man-stains.:eek:

We should have lunch together before you leave - my treat.

If I have time today I will take you up on that. Still pretty busy and have to finish up this morning before they take the (ABF) trailer away.

P1010629.jpg

Packed :(

Received and accepted a job offer. Still some paperwork to complete for it to be official, then I give my notice. Looking to start June 22nd.

5 minute walk, more money, better benefits and more interesting work. Win on pretty much all fronts. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited!