There's something wrong in Colorado...

n_maher

...why are we telling each other to fuck off again?
I know I would hate it if Kevin claimed "massive bullshit" if I was just trying to offer some helpful safety advice -- it had nothing to do with Singlepower, Hirsch was speaking about tube amps in general. I'd tell him to fuck off, too. He's a man, he can take it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are we telling each other to fuck off again?

Ask yourself why Kevin would call a basic safety post "massive bullshit". He's clearly been waiting for me to post just so he could use that phrase, but pulled the trigger on a post that had absolutely nothing controversial in it. Trigger finger was too quick, I suspect. I've very carefully steered clear of this thread up to this point, and he's clearly been waiting for a post from me that he could attack. Why would he be doing that? Think on it for a bit.

There's certainly some massive bullshit in this thread. It just isn't what you think it is.

Why would he be doing that? Think on it for a bit.
I think it's pretty clear from my reply what I think of the whole situation and that no further thought on the matter is required.

There's certainly some massive bullshit in this thread. It just isn't what you think it is.

Enlighten me, please, unless you're referring to Kevin's posts in which case don't bother. But if you feels there's misinformation or something that could be clarified or corrected otherwise I'm all ears.

(snip) He's clearly been waiting for me to post just so he could use that phrase...

(snip) he's clearly been waiting for a post from me that he could attack. Why would he be doing that? Think on it for a bit.

you seem a bit delusional and paranoid. :P

Could we all calm down a bit here?

Hirsch's advice (distilled): if you don't know what you're doing when it comes to high-voltage tube amps your safest option is to leave it alone and seek help.

I see no bullshit there.

Same kind of stuff hirsch did over there where he told the guy who was fixing

his es-1 not to mess with it and send it in for warranty repair. And we all know

how long singlepower warranty repair takes.

A number of people are going to be repairing their own units instead of sending

them in. I see this as a win win situation.

Same kind of stuff hirsch did over there where he told the guy who was fixing

his es-1 not to mess with it and send it in for warranty repair. And we all know

how long singlepower warranty repair takes.

A number of people are going to be repairing their own units instead of sending

them in. I see this as a win win situation.

"Don't do it yourself" is not necessarily the same thing as "send it in". I don't know about Hirsch, but even I would suggest finding someone else if you don't know what you are doing. And by someone else, I mean someone other than Mikhail. Edited by Dusty Chalk

If you don't know what you are doing, then the only way to actually

LEARN, is to try.

It's not rocket science. I know a complete newbie that built a BH.

And got it to work. A lot harder than fixing a simple broken resistor...

Did anyone see germania's construction of a millet starving student over

there ???

Damn, that sucks Elphas :(

Something tells me SinglePower will be seeing litigation someday.

The next person who calls me a constipated elf will definitely see some litigation, after I sit on him and release some pent up internal gases. :P

Nah, just joking. But I do appreciate the sympathy, Master Aardvark.

Elephas,

You might seriously consider working with someone state side who could verify that the amps are working for you before having them shipped all the way to you.

I'm hoping that the participants at the Colorado Head-Fi Meet can listen to and inspect the amps. Not necessarily on my behalf, just informally checking them over like any other amp present.

I was considering flying over, but it might not be fair to the meet if I yell and argue with Mikhail for 6 hours and end up smashing a T61p over his head. It's heavy enough, man, my aching baby elephant back. ;)

If I need to visit Mikhail personally, I can do that another time.

The next person who calls me a constipated elf will definitely see some litigation, after I sit on him and release some pent up internal gases. :P

Nah, just joking. But I do appreciate the sympathy, Master Aardvark.

I'm hoping that the participants at the Colorado Head-Fi Meet can listen to and inspect the amps. Not necessarily on my behalf, just informally checking them over like any other amp present.

I was considering flying over, but it might not be fair to the meet if I yell and argue with Mikhail for 6 hours and end up smashing a T61p over his head. It's heavy enough, man, my aching baby elephant back. ;)

If I need to visit Mikhail personally, I can do that another time.

Last I heard (June NorCal meet) ASR (Steve) was planning on being at the Colorado meet. He seems like a helpful guy. Maybe he'd be willing to check the amp out for you.