There's something wrong in Colorado...

n_maher

Absolutely fedex updates their tracking system on a continuous basis. I tracked the

package i got yesterday and 5 minutes after i got it, it showed as being delivered

on the website. Every time a package goes in and out of a facility it is tracked.

Even if it is shipping ground, it is scanned when it goes into the truck, and when

it comes out of the truck.

Pardon the error, I meant on Sundays. I think even FedEx takes Sunday off so it's unlikely that anyone would be processing packages in and out of a facility. I agree that any change in package status occurs pretty much in real time on their website.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah good clal nate.

Dan,

That's 12:00 tomorrow morning Dan. Sorry I didn't add that, they do not

work that late on the weekends. Dan, don't worry the amp will arrive

within several days.

Okay then I will just not worry about it today.

\

P.S. Do you know if they work on MLK? Their website doesn't really seem to say.

I've lost track. Which amp?

Jp's DNA-.1

For anyone interested. Mark Reid, a local DIY'er offered his services to repair SP amps. He has been building amps, tone arms, tt plinths, repairing McIntosh tube and solid state gear for a long time. He is a great guy and located about 10 minutes from where I live. He will probably be doing the mods to my McCormack DNA-.1.

Edited by tyrion

Jp's DNA-.1

For anyone interested. Mark Reid, a local DIY'er offered his services to repair SP amps. He has been building amps, tone arms, tt plinths, repairing McIntosh tube and solid state gear for a long time. He is a great guy and located about 10 minutes from where I live. He will probably be doing the mods to my McCormack DNA-.1.

Oh yeah, that amp. ;D Is this guy going to do the mods that Steve McC normally does or something different?

Mikhail: Oh, please, don't sue us. Please, please don't sue us. You know I'll take care of you, Dan. I wouldn't leave ya without an amp on purpose. It wasn't my fault.

Dan: You miserable slug! You think you can talk your way out of this? You betrayed me.

Mikhail: No I didn't. Honest... I couldn't get to FedEx. I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD...

Jakebluesscript_43.jpg

Mikhail: Oh, please, don't sue us. Please, please don't sue us. You know I'll take care of you, Dan. I wouldn't leave ya without an amp on purpose. It wasn't my fault.

Dan: You miserable slug! You think you can talk your way out of this? You betrayed me.

Mikhail: No I didn't. Honest... I couldn't get to FedEx. I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD...

Jakebluesscript_43.jpg

Ahh, one of my favorite movies.;D

You're being too literal Dan. When Mikhail says "it's all packed up and ready to ship" that means it's on the workbench (hopefully). When he says "it's being delivered to FedEx" it means you've got his attention and he is thinking about working on it. When he says "don't worry, Dan, you will have it within several days" it means nothing. Sorry.

I honestly believe that you have to stop sweating this every minute and every step. I bet you will get it soon, but all the hand-wringing in the meantime isn't doing you any good.

Clearly he has it Dan, otherwise it would have updated in some fashion now. You will see "Arrived at FedEx location" as soon as they have it. Until then all he's done is fill out a form online and maybe printed a fracken label.

I'd ask him to either board the f'ing plane with it or stop answering countless emails/phone calls/playing online poker or whatever he's doing instead of shipping your package. Seriously, it'd take what, a maximum of an hour to take it down to FedEx or wait, he could just pick up the damn phone and have them come pick it up for $15 and save himself countless hours of aggravation, plane tickets, bad will, annoyed customers, etc., etc. Trust me, he'll love it when they pick it up, it's everything he ever wanted. Jesus H. Christ this is not rocket science.

You're being too literal Dan. When Mikhail says "it's all packed up and ready to ship" that means it's on the workbench (hopefully). When he says "it's being delivered to FedEx" it means you've got his attention and he is thinking about working on it. When he says "don't worry, Dan, you will have it within several days" it means nothing. Sorry.

I honestly believe that you have to stop sweating this every minute and every step. I bet you will get it soon, but all the hand-wringing in the meantime isn't doing you any good.

I wish I had the same faith but with so many other sad stories concurrent to mine it is hard to maintain. I feel maintaining steady pressure on him is the only way to get him to do anything and the hang wringing is linked to that :/.