The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

That's why I kept renting it, instead of buying it. But then I bought it, because I kept renting it. So, yeah, don't rent it or try it or look at it or anything, ever.

It helps there are no camera shops nearby anymore and the local rental place I use (LensProToGo) doesn't carry it.

Fuji X-M1 with 16-50 kit lens for $450 with coupon code CAM150 ($150 off!).  Cheapest I've seen to get in on the excellent Fuji 16 MP X-Trans sensor.

Very tempting as I just gave away my Canon EOS-M to family member. Wish the kit had option for Fuji 35 f1.4 instead of the slow kit lens though  :-[

https://www.tanga.com/deals/7992ee3f1932/fujifilm-x-m1-compact-system-16mp-w-16-50mm-lens?utm_source=cj&utm_campaign=BensBargains.net

Edited by Jon L

Anyone ever used? Almost jumped last sale, but for some reason its retro metal design and being mostly plastic bugs me.

Now Sold Out.  Proud of myself for resisting the temptation.  What I Really want is Sony A7R with Sony A6000 AF speed, all at $1500 price point  ???

What's the catch here? I could just buy an old dslr on craigslist for peanuts and go stand in line?

There doesn't seem to be one, aside from that the DSLR you trade would probably need to be actually working.  Also, the supply is technically limited, so if you want to make sure you get one, you'd probably need to spend most of your day waiting in line in Times Square.

This may be my exit strategy for my D200. 

Not that I need another camera... 

Ari ... if you are thinking of going, I'll send up a Nikon F with 50 1.4 to trade.  Oh, wait ... it's DIGITAL SLR, innit it?  Got a Panny G3 with kit lens, but think I'll like it better than that Sammy with no vf.  If you go, have fun, and, yes, seems like a graceful exit from the D200.

Decided to take the day off from school entirely and spent a lazy morning in bed listening to music. Julie and the girls came over in the afternoon and we took some pictures. Then headed to Le Tub - the girls wanted to see where we went for our first date. It was a great day. The gastric ulcer is making me pay for that burger but it was a wonderful time. All taken with the X-T1 and the 56mm/1.2 lens. 

post-826-0-87361400-1401590444_thumb.jpg

post-826-0-27521000-1401590453_thumb.jpg

post-826-0-89162700-1401590467_thumb.jpg

post-826-0-94051200-1401590477_thumb.jpg

Edited by crappyjones123