The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

Time always needs to be found. It's a great stress buster as I need to step away from the books every few days otherwise I would go insane - we have already had 6 people drop out :( . One of my mentors in the anatomy department is an amazing photographer. He suggested for my own sanity and perhaps to have something different in my residency application to keep up with photography. When tests are around the corner, I put the camera away but in between I try to go out and shoot at least twice a week.

I was at a random lunch (can't remember why I was there other than they said free food) and one of the doctors mentioned needing someone to take new pictures for their research group website. I volunteered and after talking to a few people there was asked to join them for the summer and next year to work on a cure for paralysis. Will be doing number crunching for them in the summer and hopefully more clinical stuff next year.

I just had a realization: using is a camera is going to be way, way better with contacts than glasses.

This is one of the reasons I tried contacts in the past.  It didn't keep, though.  Now I just adjust the viewfinder to my eyesight and take off my glasses.

I'm fucking done with Adorama. Ordered 3 20x30 prints on 4/1 and all three arrived with the right edges chopped off. Called them and they reprinted the images but still charged me for shipping again. Prints arrive today and 2 of them are even more chopped off than before. Called them to complain and the lady just said, we can give you credit yet again but you still have to pay for the prints to be shipped. I asked for a refund and she said it was against company policy. That only print credit could be given for misprints. Is this legal? They keep making mistakes and I have to pay for shipping every time? Done with Adorama. Bay Photo is slightly more expensive but I have never had a problem with them. The prints are at least (allegedly) reviewed before being sent out. Shipping is just a $1.50 instead of the $7 at Adoramapix. 

Does the Canon 50F1.4 focus internally?

Although I dont have one (and dont really shoot 50's much) this is a VERY nice feature on the current 50F1.4g.

I am curious to see the Bokeh of the Yongnuo lens. So many MFR's are so blah about Bokeh. Wow! its F0.75. Bokeh 1 step better than a Mirror lens... Thanks for less than nothing.

Does the Canon 50F1.4 focus internally?

No, Canon's front moves in and out, just like the Yongnuo 50 mm shown.

in fact, the specs listed for Yongnuo is basically identical to Canon, which makes you wonder whether Yongnuo is an extremely close clone OR Canon B-stock sold off to Yongnuo at low price that is rebadged??

• Focal length: 50mm
  • Maximum aperture: f/1.4L
  • Lens construction: 7 elements in 6 groups
  • Angle of view: 46 degrees
  • Focus adjustment: Overall linear extension system with USM
  • Closest focusing distance: 1.5 feet
  • Filter size: 58mm
  • Dimensions: 2.9 inches in diameter and 2 inches long
  • Weight: 10.2 ounces

Just learned that the battery charger for my camera is dead.  Not the greatest of the timing either since my brother's college graduation is tomorrow and both of my batteries are half empty.  I can't go out and find one either since I'm at my parents place (i.e., no real electronic/camera shops anywhere near).

I think this is the first time I've ever had a battery charger die on me.

Just learned that the battery charger for my camera is dead.  Not the greatest of the timing either since my brother's college graduation is tomorrow and both of my batteries are half empty.  I can't go out and find one either since I'm at my parents place (i.e., no real electronic/camera shops anywhere near).

I think this is the first time I've ever had a battery charger die on me.

Received a new charger from Amazon.  The fuckers sent me a counterfeit one. :mikey2: