Little Dot MkVI balanced tube amp?

Hopstretch

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clearly you guys have not had direct experience with this...it actually sounds like....

"rolla coastah...rolla coastah...rolla coastah, of luv" [repeat]

seriously, AMP = GREAT for price - but even with 'silent' fan fix, there is audible mechanical whir. I'm ok with it, may drive others crazy (you should have heard the original!)

Solution: Make 2 long ducts, have the fans run far away.

(18dB) (as reported by someone who measured it from 10 feet away with the fan in the middle of an enclosure)

Actually, having the amp be 10 feet away might be a good solution. IIRC, a lot of stock headphone cables are around 10 feet long.

It would be a pain to change the volume though.

• 1 year later...
I don't know why anyone in today's headphone market would design an amp for 300+ ohm headphones. Talk about painting yourself into a very small corner.

[Hey Nate, how was your trip?]

Hey, it's a "special" amp, designed for xxxx phone (some Senn's, some Beyers, etc.). Probably doesn't cost so much to design/build, even if for a niche segment. And they can charge more for it as a specialty design.

Actually, I've had pretty good luck using a cable to up the impedence. I drove some AKG 271's very nicely out of the Lunchbox amp, with a 200ohm cable adapter. Not the best of all solutions, but works well. Still fondly remember that combo.

All that said, I'm not getting this amp.....