So many noobs... what is with all the new members?!?

Grand Enigma

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New members giveth old members their growing chic status of seniority. Rookies/seasoned veterans. Freshman legislators/elder statesmen. The new brings added value to the old. Just think of all of the brave souls who went out on a limb and created this community as the Founding Fathers. And of course Vicki is the Mother of all _______. (Fill a word that speaks to her gread knowledge, wisdom and compassion...gear too!) What do I know, I'm just one of the relatively new little pipsqueaks filling the peanut gallery.

WHATS THE BEST HEADFONS 4 VIDEOGAME MUSIK?!

Yeah. I wants to know what are the best headphones for use ipods when listening to ALAC? IEM or full size? A plus if they work for videogaming on the net because I want to be a l33t playa on CS: Source.

Also, what is high-end listening?

Well, it depends on how you define "new people" and I am guessing your comment and the subsequent posts (mine included) are aimed at the silly threads starting to pop up by new members.

To me it appears there have been a number of new to HC members but members who are not new to the hobby. This is good for HC in my opinion and hopefully will lead to a lot of constructive threads and posts which will build the community in a positive way. Granted, there have been some very visible asinine posters who appear to be new to everything both manners and audio related, trying to be edgy or fit in, but that may just be their misinterpretation of what HC is all about. The mods here have been very good at suggesting a protocol for new members participating in this forum when a poster's behavior gets out of hand. I guess what we are all seeing is the law of numbers, when you have so many members posting you are going to have posts that would be considered stupid, unnecessary or out of line. The more experienced posters generally don't make silly posts, and when they do you cut them slack because they are legacy members. It is human nature that stuff that irritates you often times keeps your attention until you get used to it........or kill it. :o

Just my $.02

Well, it depends on how you define "new people" and I am guessing your comment and the subsequent posts (mine included) are aimed at the silly threads starting to pop up by new members.

To me it appears there have been a number of new to HC members but members who are not new to the hobby. This is good for HC in my opinion and hopefully will lead to a lot of constructive threads and posts which will build the community in a positive way. Granted, there have been some very visible asinine posters who appear to be new to everything both manners and audio related, trying to be edgy or fit in, but that may just be their misinterpretation of what HC is all about. The mods here have been very good at suggesting a protocol for new members participating in this forum when a poster's behavior gets out of hand. I guess what we are all seeing is the law of numbers, when you have so many members posting you are going to have posts that would be considered stupid, unnecessary or out of line. The more experienced posters generally don't make silly posts, and when they do you cut them slack because they are legacy members. It is human nature that stuff that irritates you often times keeps your attention until you get used to it........or kill it. :o

Just my $.02

I was satirizing the threads on Headfi that have been popping up with this very topic....

Oh man, now I want to be as old as old pa, but not as old as Guzziguy because over 102 seems a bit much just to get cheap ihop. Oh, and when did pancake houses decide to join the stupid Apple i-thing. Honestly these places will do anything to cash in on a fad!

As to all the dumb n00b questions about HD 650 amps, it's well known that the 650 doesn't need an amp and will work just fine from an ihop, erm ipod.