What cable are you using on your 650's?

Jeepster

SAA Equinox, back when I owned 650s. Seems like ages ago. I'll never buy an SAA cable again, down with SAA and their deceptive marketing. Can anyone honestly believe the singular "Equinox" cable is "specifically formulated" for the Grado RS1, Senn HD650, AKG K701, et al? That is just an outright lie and blatantly deceptive marketing like that really turned me off. I don't care how good it sounds, the Equinox cable is snake oil.

Aren't they the ones selling the "balanced" K702 cables? :palm:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mogami in a balanced config with a 4pin neutrik XLR... cheap and great :)

Just plug it into the 3pin mini XLR of your K702 or K271 or K240S and run it balanced! :palm:

im guessing you guys are kidding? not sure what the reference is but you cant balance one of those headphones by just replacing the wire lol :eek:

Once upon a time, the SAA Equinox SE Noir. I really loved that cable, but the $250 was wanted more.

Now I have the stock SE and balanced and a DIY balanced OF continuously cast copper I purchased.

ImageShack - Hosting :: img1665fm9.jpg

Stefan AudioArt Home :D

The most effective way to negotiate the harmful effects of component vibration is the couple your components to material that is "musical" and "drain it to material that is again musical.

I just went back to my OEM cable too and it does the job, that is for damn sure. I have a V3 with the Futurtech and the nylon sleeve and its beautiful but is it 300 nice? NO, now im thinking I want something that is all copper. It sounds nice but I dont want the change in the sound signature, I just want more definition, the V3 adds an RCH to the upper mids.

I just went back to my OEM cable too and it does the job, that is for damn sure. I have a V3 with the Futurtech and the nylon sleeve and its beautiful but is it 300 nice? NO, now im thinking I want something that is all copper. It sounds nice but I dont want the change in the sound signature, I just want more definition, the V3 adds an RCH to the upper mids.

I hear Enigma Audio makes some damn fine copper headphone cables... ;D

I would stay away from the SPC/Silver variety cables then.

You have much fewer options when it comes to a pure copper cables that plays to the strengths of the Senns.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

If it makes you feel any better I also have a Cardas, Zu, SAA, various Moon Audio cables, Headphile, and APS cables... just don't use them much. I would be a crappy MOT if I didn't know my competition.

Edited by Grand Enigma

What is your question? There simply are not a lot of copper-only cables for the Senn that are suited to them. There is one on enigma-audio.com called The Apex that you might want to check out, but not if you are thinking $300 was too much:

The Apex™ Headphone Cable

Constructed with our custom produced Cyro-treated Ultra-Pure Mono-Crystal Ohno Continuous Cast copper wire (Cryo-UPMCOCC) with pure Teflon