What cable are you using on your 650's?

Jeepster

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These descriptions always remind me of the classic Monty Python "Crunchy Frog" sketch:

We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose.

Ram's Bladder Cup:

We use choicest juicy chunks of fresh Cornish ram's bladder, emptied, steamed, flavoured with sesame seeds whipped into a fondue and garnished with lark's vomit.

I must warn you that in future you should delete the words 'crunchy frog', and replace them with the legend 'crunchy raw unboned real dead frog', if you want to avoid prosecution. :o

BTW, you do realize that Enigma Audio is the fine establishment of our very own Grand Enigma, do you not?

if i know Zach, and i do a little bit, the tenor of the description was somewhat ironic.

I still can't get myself to write copy with such BS as it will cure cancer and make you last longer in bed... however, if you all feel that would be a better description I can forgo my feelings and do that... I simply prefer to stick with exactly what the cable is made of and how it is made. Actually, that is not entirely true either... I would prefer to not write anything at all but a website with only pictures wouldn't likely sell anything. Another option would be to change my descriptions to ALO ALO ALO ALO ALO ALO Sucks :)

All of my cables come laced with pixie dust and utilize proprietary MUPPET technology.

Edited by Grand Enigma

I would prefer to not write anything at all but a website with only pictures wouldn't likely sell anything.

I can think of a few sites offering nothing but rather specific images that nonetheless appear to generate quite a substantial revenue stream. ;)

And I should mention I detect no hint of irony among the sonic characteristics of my Apex. Perhaps the merest touch of sarcasm in the upper registers, though a less-discerning ear would likely simply take this to be ever-so-slightly tipped-up treble response.

I can think of a few sites offering nothing but rather specific images that nonetheless appear to generate quite a substantial revenue stream. ;)

And I should mention I detect no hint of irony among the sonic characteristics of my Apex. Perhaps the merest touch of sarcasm in the upper registers, though a less-discerning ear would likely simply take this to be ever-so-slightly tipped-up treble response.

Cable pran doesn't seem to do it for most... that or my pran simply isn't good enough.

It is from the East Coast after all...specifically NJ. What's it to ya?!?

Edited by Grand Enigma

I must warn you that in future you should delete the words 'crunchy frog', and replace them with the legend 'crunchy raw unboned real dead frog', if you want to avoid prosecution. :o

BTW, you do realize that Enigma Audio is the fine establishment of our very own Grand Enigma, do you not?

Legal Consul duly noted. :)

I don't know what ingwe saw in the Apex copy to make him think of the flowery descriptions of drek in the Crunchy Frog sketch, or what you guys think is ironic, but I agree with Zach that the ad is pretty simply descriptive.

Trust me, it is futile to understand me. I really am "Ingwe-Crazy," as Dan put it.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread with a question.

Is there something against cardas? Because it seems everyone uses their connectors and solder, but not many people use their cables here. Are their cables poorly made?

Sorry I always ask questions. I feel like a parasite here. I never really contribute much :(

Bumping this thread with a question.

Is there something against cardas? Because it seems everyone uses their connectors and solder, but not many people use their cables here. Are their cables poorly made?

Sorry I always ask questions. I feel like a parasite here. I never really contribute much :(

Their cables are very well made as are their connectors. The Cardas just isn't for everyone... it is one of the older Senn cables.

At about $6/foot the Cardas doesn't seem overpriced compared to some of the cables in this thread.

a)

Bulk Cardas Headphone cable available for DIY purpose (light blue color): $8.50/ft
Drew is the only source of the bulk cable that I'm aware of and even 3 years ago it was more than $6 a foot.

B) since you seem to have been referring to Dan's comment and he uses a cable I made for him I'm not sure if that was a shot at me or not. It'd be weird if it was since I'm pretty sure you have no idea what I charged him (or anyone else for that matter) for his Senn cable. :confused: Otherwise referring to the bulk cable cost of the Cardas Senn cable (and incorrectly at that) in reference to the cost of a finished, warrantied cable like GE's, APS's or otherwise doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either.