Does anyone use Twitter here?

humanflyz

i can't stand facebook

The correct response was 'x2'

I used facebook when it was only for college students. It was a great resource for large classes. When I took my GenEds, facebook was a great way to ask one of the 3-400 students what the homework was, study hints, etc. When they opened it up for all, I closed my account.

I enjoy FB because it helps me keep up with friends who have moved away from Mobile. I also have a few rock snob friends I talk music with. the living social: albums app is fun.

as a general rule I never join "causes" because "awareness" is a bunch of bullshit next to volunteerism or a cash donation.

• 5 months later...
Twitter is the most obnoxious web app developed.. nobody gives a crap if you just took a shower...
Except over 2% of the worlds population is on Facebook and there's a whole lot more of that over there from my experience. Like you said, I could give a shit what people had for lunch and although maybe it's my friends, a bunch of people who know each other chatting becomes just that. Lunch and dumb Star Trek movie references. And we all know which has more housewives who barely use the net talking about packing up the kids for soccer. I still think FB is a great service (and has helped me rediscover old friends), just too much like a new AOL for regular use for me. But they're changing, including looking more Twitter-like and opening up to alternative clients shortly. We'll see.

The two services of course aren't the exact same experience or direct competition, but Twitter easily gives you options to follow (which works much better than "friending" though FB wins on finding) interesting people. For instance read Mark Polansky getting ready for a shuttle launch @ Mark Polansky (Astro_127) on Twitter.

Anyway, I'm getting fed up with FB, so resurrecting this thread. As I don't really have enough time for both, and since some of their functionality overlaps, I'm using Tw more and FB less recently. Should humanflyz or anyone else want to post their username I'll follow. I'm blessingx, for general info, and blessingflix (just split), for film & related.

I use twitter. Its not blocked by work and its also a lot less bogged down then facebook, not to mention I don't have to sign up for apps to see what people want me to see. I really don't care for either, but I actually like twitter more for keeping up with friends.

I should mention the film festival recently in SF had a big deal to do with my positive Twitter experience (as opposed to when I originally signed up). Could get immediate reviews and general buzz that would have been impossible on FB. We'll see with CanJam. ;)

For those who like to watch, there's always Twitterfall