What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm just barely warming up to Volta, don't push me too fast.

:laugh:

I get stuck in loops with that album... Or more like loops with the title track. The last 9 minutes or so kills me every time.

Ian! Post more in this thread, dammit! We need you in the mix, and just post the band and album with no pics if that makes it easier. :)

Now:

2174071_500x500.jpg

Sufjan Stevens -- The Age of Adz

I get stuck in loops with that album... Or more like loops with the title track. The last 9 minutes or so kills me every time.
Yeah, that's pretty much where I am (stuck in a loop with the title track). And for me it's (a) the grand opening; (B) that riff right before the the chorus to Losing the Sunsets (especially when one of the guitars drops an octave), and © the riff with the squeal in the middle section.

I love the guitar tones on this one.

So yeah, listening to it again right now.

EDIT: Alright, (d) the repeated chord where he goes sharp during Evael 10:00 is pretty blood-curdlingly good, too.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

Ian! Post more in this thread, dammit! We need you in the mix, and just post the band and album with no pics if that makes it easier. :)

Thanks... Between work and a bit of a musical rut, I haven't had much to share, even when I do listen. Hopefully work will return to a bit of normalcy, and I'll pop in a bit more!