Phiaton

Dusty Chalk

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My life is an dog's life, so, dogshit is a huge part of it.

I unfortunately have yet to find a magazine hi-fi reviewer who knows dogshit about high end headphones. I enjoyed the GS-1000, but anyone who has anything good to say about those highs must be eating dogshit and putting dogshit in their ears, and I've yet to read a review that even comes close to calling them bright.

Dusty, have you tried the '05 DT990?

ZOMG, those made my my ears bleed.

Within the first 5 seconds. :o

They sssliced and diccced my ears. :(

For those of you who are masochistic, try Jesse Cook's or Kylie Minogue's songs on the '05 DT990... :palm:

Is the '05 the latest one? If so, yes, I have tried it. Meh -- don't remember much sibilance, but have to admit to not listening to Ms. Minogue on it (was listening on a friend's system, he's not into Kylie).

who cares if its real leather or not, rite on the cups you see the embossed fake gator/croc so that alone should tell you what the rest of the headphone is made of sofar as real luxury. The 50MM driver and titanium advertising is pure SONY style and you all know how i REALLY love the SONY. stil i give them credit for looks and to bring another choice to the game, would love to hear them but i would not be surprised if they are not up to the R10/L3000/hp1 sonics...lol

Is the '05 the latest one? If so, yes, I have tried it. Meh -- don't remember much sibilance, but have to admit to not listening to Ms. Minogue on it (was listening on a friend's system, he's not into Kylie).

Yeah, the '05 is the current/latest one.

Well, Ms. Minogue via an '05 DT990 was an eye opener for me... :o

tftfy

Agreed. (Except for a select few of Jesse Cook's songs; please don't make me the 19th person to pay your basement a visit)

I use those two artists as a benchmark of sorts. If I can bear the sibilance with those two on board, then its safe to say I can pretty much withstand anything w.r.t sibilance on that particular equipment.

I enjoyed the GS-1000, but anyone who has anything good to say about those highs must be eating dogshit and putting dogshit in their ears, and I've yet to read a review that even comes close to calling them bright.

I've been demoing Zanth's pair of GS-1000s for the past week, in comparison against my HD580s. It might be that I've only really ever listened to HD580s for the past 2 years, but I already shudder anytime a female singer has an S to sing.. not a pleasant feeling for me.

I've been demoing Zanth's pair of GS-1000s for the past week, in comparison against my HD580s. It might be that I've only really ever listened to HD580s for the past 2 years, but I already shudder anytime a female singer has an S to sing.. not a pleasant feeling for me.

perfectly illustrated.

• 2 weeks later...