Group Build: Dynafet

luvdunhill

Boards arrived today.

The only thing I noticed, which isn't a huge deal, is the mounting holes aren't through-plated. I looked into this, and most fabs require all holes to be through-plated and upcharge if they aren't. In the case of where the prototypes were done, PcbFabEx they automatically through-plate all holes, unasked, so this is probably why we didn't notice... or perhaps Jacob did this on purpose with the final files, who knows.

Anyways, they look rather nice. Pics later!

Getting there guys.

Pars, your package went out today.

I am planning on having all but Team j4cbo parts sent out on Tuesday. I need to do more matching to get their parts ready and the chances of me having time this weekend are pretty slim. Give me a few more days guys :)

I have decided to include 10% extra 2SA1145/2SC2705 in each kit. I figure these are the most likely to go (I blew one and so did digger945). This is considering that everyone basically has double the FETs anyways needed for a "Dynahi-scale" build. I'll include a modest upcharge for this, at the tune of $0.50 per board. I'm considering adding an extra dual-heatsink per builder as well, so they have something to practice on. It would add a few dollars ($2.50 IIRC), but I think it might be worth it. I'll start a build thread at some point and document the process, once I find someone to help take pictures during the 5 minute curing time.

Packaging will be a few dollars per order as well, as there are copious amounts of ESD bags, bubble wrap, tape, markers and other miscellany involved. I have a single receipt from OfficeMax that I'll simply divide down the middle.

I will be sending everything via USPS Priority with Delivery Confirmation using flat rate boxes.

For Team Spain, I am probably sending things via Express (EMS) since it seems far too great of a risk to send it via first class mail, and Express is the only method that guarantees tracking door-to-door. I think this is best, but feel free to chime in.

I think that's it.

If there are any special instructions, address changes, etc. please let me know as soon as possible. Honestly, I'm not exactly sure how everything is grouped for the multiple personality builds, so sending a PM anyways my way won't hurt.

Erm, the kit just arrived here, looks very sexy :)

Digipete was supposed to be the recipient ;)

oops! At least I gave fair warning though :)