Group Build: Dynafet

luvdunhill

Which service did you end up going with? And does this include shipping costs to us? Or is that to be determined?

Thanks for negotiating this stuff marc :) Now I just need hifi2000 to start responding to me again gahh.

I feel that the quality at Golden Phoenix is excellent, so I went with them. I know a lot of people feel different about this, but in the end someone just had to make a decision. In this case, I have a relationship with them and didn't really want to have to start up another account. Also, I didn't feel that the extra 60% or so that Imagineering wanted was really worth it. For a good number of us, that cost really added up. I hope it all works out :)

With regard to shipping, at the moment, everything will be coming to me so I'll need to look at shipping again once everything arrives. I added a few dollars so that I can go ahead and purchase more electrostatic bags and boxes and other packing materials. I will still need to charge for the final shipping costs though.

I guess I will take the payments. If the money is already in your account, there is usually no charge. Otherwise, please add 3.4%, or even better use a PayPal calculator, which I'd prefer that you do to double check my numbers below. I'll be sure to let you know if the amount transferred is correct.

Just FYI, if you send the money as a personal payment then the sender has the option of paying the fee directly.

Any pics of the final board layout, and is there a final bom?

oops, just noticed this.

I'm still waiting on the final files from Jacob, so you'll have to get the layout from him. I'll be sure to post once I get them off to the fab.

I think the final BOM is more or less the original schematic, plus the changes I outlined above for the bias (for your case specifically). There was one more resistor change that Kevin suggested that will effect the bias, but I haven't tried that myself, and it probably won't help your case out all that much.

Someone was asking about minimum gain, and I think 5 is probably a good number for that.

So, team Spain, when do you expect having this ready? With easyjet's 20€ flights to Madrid, could I invite myself to a listening session? :cool::cool:

I don't think there's a prototype finished before mid October in the best case. As Luvdunhill said, the boards have to be ready yet. Then there's the getting some needed parts... Probably Picaudio can tell you better since he'll be building most of the Spanish team units.

I'll will start shipping the completed kits early next week, as I just received the FedEx tracking number for the boards.

If there are any special instructions, address changes, etc. please let me know as soon as possible. Honestly, I'm not exactly sure how everything is grouped for the multiple personality builds, so sending a PM anyways my way won't hurt.

Vlad, I'm assuming a single shipment is okay now? :D

Thanks!