Group Build: Dynafet

luvdunhill

This is a screenshot of the duals portion of the board. Reorienting them into back to back (quad?) would not be easy...

Just to contrast, this is the group buy Dynalo board that does allow zip sockets (U1-U4). Pads are still too small in general however.

post-432-12951152808561_thumb.jpg

post-432-12951152808941_thumb.jpg

After thinking much about it, I propose that the "cost" for stuffing 2 boards should be 1 stuffed board in return. In Nate's case, I'm not sure what exactly will happen, but I think we should just force him to take the two stuffed boards and he can do with them as he sees fit.

This will be more meaningful after a final cost is worked up, but I'd like this to the starting point.

same ring gauge as AMB uses I believe :)

I don't really care who uses it... the point is they are too small and there is no valid reason for doing them this way, other than the default libraries of whatever layout package being used have them this way :indra:

I'd volunteer to do the layout but I only have the free copy of Eagle and it won't do a large enough board for this.

After thinking much about it, I propose that the "cost" for stuffing 2 boards should be 1 stuffed board in return. In Nate's case, I'm not sure what exactly will happen, but I think we should just force him to take the two stuffed boards and he can do with them as he sees fit.

This will be more meaningful after a final cost is worked up, but I'd like this to the starting point.

You mean like if someone stuffs 2 boards for say me, I cover the cost of parts which equate to a stuffed board for the stuffer?

That works for me :)

Seems reasonable.

<snip>In Nate's case, I'm not sure what exactly will happen, but I think we should just force him to take the two stuffed boards and he can do with them as he sees fit.

Don't spend much time worrying about me, I'm sure we can come up with something. I'm not convinced that when folks see the actual cost that you'll need me to build anything. :) Ahh, the misconception that DIY is cheap...(not talking about you grawk)

I don't really care who uses it... the point is they are too small and there is no valid reason for doing them this way, other than the default libraries of whatever layout package being used have them this way :indra:

I'd volunteer to do the layout but I only have the free copy of Eagle and it won't do a large enough board for this.

I errrmmm, may have access to a copy of Eagle that you could, ermmm, like use and such.

How about just getting them from here?

For the # we would be buying I think there would be a significant price savings buying the parts direct.

Break the mold and use diptrace. Everyone's doing it. Sensible defaults to boot!

I concur.

If Kevin is willing to share the board files we may be able to import them and save a bit of time making new boards from scratch.

Edited by naamanf