New RSA amp...

penger

And this is why one must own both the HE90 and the O2. When the 'wow' of one wears off, it's time to move to the other ;). I am really enjoying the O2s right now.

Haha, many wish they could own such a variety of high-end phones. Are you planning on bringing the monster rigs to canjam? Although the ES-2 is pretty much unattainable at this point, it would be an amazing piece to complete the electrostatic parade of amps that are about to go down.:eek:

Plus that APL is lovely as a source.:)

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this is why one must own both the HE90 and the O2. When the 'wow' of one wears off, it's time to move to the other ;). I am really enjoying the O2s right now.

Hehe, I moved on permanently. ;) I must say that I'm still wowed by the Omegas, even after 6 years and countless other headphones. :-[ The ability to crack out amazing levels of bass, yet reveal the smallest detail and the exact placement of each instrument. Right now I'm listening to an old 60's Icelandic rock song which really highlighted what was great about the Fostex T-50 and the Mk1 suddenly makes me not miss the rare ortho beast one bit. :)

I'm enjoying the O2s now, too, but the HE90 wow never goes away. Is there a cure?

Yup, the BHSE, nice soft silver IC's and a vintage DAC.

Are you planning on bringing the monster rigs to canjam? Although the ES-2 is pretty much unattainable at this point, it would be an amazing piece to complete the electrostatic parade of amps that are about to go down.

The ES-2 is most likely not moving. I am afraid of it falling apart :rolleyes:. Right now the O2s are not humming and it sounds great so I will not touch it.

Maybe the SDS-XLR will come to CanJam?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So, at CanJam the A-10 sounded very good with HE90 and Jade, fairly good with O2 Mk2 but I didn't get to try any Mk1, and a little bright with Rays HE60 but not terrible. I think I am actually looking forward to reviewing the A-10 with my own headphones (and stock HE60) after the July Colorado meet, so I'm not sorry that I PM'd Ray back in September asking if I could review it. I still have to work out how much I have to insure it for to return it.

I just didn't know it was going to be so expensive, so I'm pretty sure I will never be able to afford one, having been forced into early retirement by my health. I'm going to be out $7,000 in dental bills this year because I put off some work, and now my insurance changed Jan 01 09 and has crap for coverage now. So that means no A-10 for me, or KGBHSE, or WES or anything of the sort. I may even have to sell the GES to help pay for a couple of cracked infected teeth with bone loss that needs a bone graft and then implants. :(