Anyone know anything about this Silvercore business?

Icarium

Plus headphone jacks on the back is immediate fail but... yeah I'm curious to hear what it sounds like but given that it seems to be a one off and in another countries pretty means anything even close to objective impressions seems to be impossible... but perhaps someone has experience with the company? Long shot I know.

Price is 4200 euros.

Headphone socket can be put where you want it

It appears the 812A's are run conservatively 480v 35ma

Build time is only around 4months

Going by the info on this page the price seems fairly reasonable. The case is teflon & stainless steel, it uses a transformer volume control, and the power supply is all oil-filled polypropylene capacitors with lots of chokes. Which probably explains why the units as a whole weighs 60 pounds.

I don't think I've seen any reviews of this particular amp, but I recall reading favrourable impressions on the other products when they exhibited at the European Triode Festival a few years back.

It's kind of badass, but the Woo stuff sure is easier to afford. Might be worth it for those cool wires going up to the top of the tubes. Saw a satisfied customer for it on headfi but the choice of tubes on this amp is making a few people puzzled, I've never seen/heard of an amp with these tubes. Might sound really good though, who knows. At nearly 6 grand it's going to take some bravery to find out.

It's kind of badass, but the Woo stuff sure is easier to afford. Might be worth it for those cool wires going up to the top of the tubes.

Please think before posting. If you start spouting this kinda fluffy spam without actually knowing what the heck you're talking about, you won't like your experience here much at all. First and last friendly warning.

there aren't real many amps out there that have those tubes. Sheesh.

Yes, fake amps have taken up the usage of all those tubes. Since you didn't read the welcome pm, or the friendly suggestions to do so, I'm assuming you didn't have time. I'm going to help you with that. While you're vacationing, please read the welcome pm, and if you choose to return, please don't post for awhile.

Edited by boomana