Ye Macce Threade

WHAT THE FUCK WAS APPLE THINKING WITH OS X YOSEMITE?

It looks terrible, and it locks us more tightly into Apple's idea of how the computer should look and feel instead of letting us keep things looking and working the way we're used to.   Everything is so flat and ugly, icons suck, and windows look dull and featureless. Steve Jobs is rolling over in his grave right now. 

I wanted to get back my favorites bar that ran across the top of the window in Safari, not this fucking sidebar we're stuck with, and it took 20 minutes to find it, although I still can't find a "create new tab" button.  Meanwhile they stole our sidebar from iTunes 12 and then stuck it in Safari with no option to change it in either app.  WTF?

I lost this entire post when trying to figure out how to open a new tab using the mouse, and had to retype it, simply for accidentally clicking the "top sites" button instead of on the "show all tabs" button, where you then have to take a second step to click the plus sign.  I do a lot of web surfing on the 50" TV with an Apple TV and mirroring, using just a mouse and this just adds unnecessary steps.

And the new spotlight window popping up in the center of the screen without being able to move it to the side sucks balls.

I just wish Apple would leave things alone - if it aint broke don't fix it.

Click on playlists and then STFU about the itunes 12 sidebar. If you do not like Yosemite why did you upgrade? It was pretty clear what it looked like if you read any of the reviews. So just go back to Mavericks and be happy.

On another note I do not know how I would like the 27" iMac gloss screen if there was a lot of glare in my office. The screen does face some good sized windows but they are north facing so no direct sun streaming in.

Edited by morphsci

I've had different experiences as others with Chrome more stable than Safari, but one area Chrome as recently sucked is in it's battle between the internal and system Shockwave/Flash plug-ins (and disadvantages in video playback and audio output to leaving both active or disabling either). That alone reversed the stable equation and made it difficult to use with video work. Though it could all be Adobes fault.

Yeah, the best case scenario would be Apple offering repair/replacement service to everyone affected like they've done in the past with few of their products.  Now I'm wondering if I should still eBay off my 2011 MBP (still works with integrated GPU) as I was planning or hold onto in on a slim chance that Apple offers repair/replacement program.

Thanks Ric. 

Also, he is going to connect two displays.  I am thinking that using one thunderbolt port for the 1st moniror and the hdmi port for the 2nd monitor (with the appropriate adapters).  This would keep open the other thunderbolt port for a thunderbolt to ethernet adapter. Is there any downside to using the HDMI port over the thunderbolt port?  I would play around with it but I don't why to buy a bunch of extra adapters that we don't need. 

• Like 1

You'll be able to use the Thunderbolt ports with higher resolutions at higher refresh rates compared to using the HDMI port.  I'm basing this on Apple's information on their HDMI ports https://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/specs-retina/and the information on Displayport 1.2 which is what Thunderbolt includes for video.  Now this really doesn't matter till you're using 4K resolution at 60Hz. 

Edited by chiguy