Ye Macce Threade

From my take on today's announcements, it is obvious that they are trying to make Lion closer to iOS in use, look, and feel. I'm really digging the app switcher, fullscreen, and multitouch implementations. To me though, it seems that they might be a little awkward on large 27" imac screens and more appropriate to something like a 13"-15" screen, which is a great idea. As of right now, 13" screens always feel a little cramped with all the menus,toolbars,windows,etc... but with the implementation of fullscreen programs like word processors, safari, iphoto, etc, I feel that the smaller screens will feel a lot more comfortable to use just like how the ipad screen that never feels cramped. Misson control should make it easier to switch between apps without having to deal with lots of windows on the desktop. Basically, I feel that my next computer will be a 13" Macbook air (or 15" air if they make one ;) )

Btw, Apple killed today!

when did yours expire? mine was May 15th...

Back in March or April, so I'm probably out of luck. It was close enough to the rumored timeframe for free MobileMe that I didn't renew (along with the fact that discounted MobileMe boxes were starting get scarce at that point).

I have an "aluminum" battery that looks like that: I ignored the "service battery" warning for a while. A few days after I took it out of the MBP, it looked like that. It is sitting in the house but hasn't gone boom yet. Perhaps I should get rid of it.

Edited by shellylh

I just want to keep my mac.com address. I really hope this doesn't mean the end of those. As we've discussed before, me.com is filled with teh lameness.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4597

Summary

What's happening to MobileMe?

Effective June 6, 2011, if you had an active MobileMe account, your service has been automatically extended through June 30, 2012, at no additional charge. After this, the MobileMe service will no longer be available.

Products Affected

MobileMe

What will happen to the content I have on MobileMe?

Apple has announced a new service called iCloud which will be available this fall and free for iOS 5 and OS X Lion users. When you sign up for iCloud, you'll be able to keep your me.com or mac.com email address and move your MobileMe mail, contacts, calendars, and bookmarks to the new service.

When iCloud becomes available this fall, more details and instructions will be provided on how to make the move.

Can I create a new MobileMe account?

You can no longer create a new 60-day trial account or start a new subscription using a code contained in a MobileMe box. However, if you have a Family Pack subscription, you can still create new family member accounts. Can I upgrade to a Family Pack or purchase additional storage?

Effective June 6, 2011, you can no longer upgrade your Individual account to a Family Pack or purchase additional storage for your MobileMe account. I purchased a MobileMe box and have not used the activation code inside. Can I get refund for it?

Yes. If you have an unused activation code from a MobileMe box, you can submit a refund request.

Edited by Salt Peanuts