Ye Macce Threade

So my router seems to be on it's way out. I have no trouble with wifi on phone or iPad at school or elsewhere but keep getting kicked off at home. Sometimes it just won't connect. Other times it says incorrect password to the correct password.

Have no need for dual band routers. Would the airport express be able to run a wireless network with a dsl modem? 4 laptops. Couple of phones and 2 iPads. Tried the same current router with an older modem and the problem persists.

Or just buy another run of the mill link sys and call it a day?

Have no need for dual band routers. Would the airport express be able to run a wireless network with a dsl modem? 4 laptops. Couple of phones and 2 iPads. Tried the same current router with an older modem and the problem persists.

I believe they have a simultaneous five connection limit (though devices could quickly rotate. .

looks like this works for non-Apple drives. perfect timing, since i should have an SSD in my laptop in a couple days (got the 13" MBP is slow compared to my SSD'ed iMac, despite the specs otherwise being similar).

Color me jealous. I wish the stupid windows partition didn't take up so much space so I can use a ssd.

I believe they have a simultaneous five connection limit (though devices could quickly rotate. .

I think it would be a rare occasion that all 4 family members are at home and everyone is on their laptops and phones at the same time. As such 5 might be ok. Since we have just 2 non apple laptops and one non iPhone I figured going with an apple router might provide ether integration. I have no brand loyalty (yet) but if a cheaper non apple router does the job (just as well) then I'd like to go for that.

Well, crap. I'm now convinced that the RAM I bought from MemoryX is bad. It tests fine, but I've been getting consistent kernel panics since I installed it. Fortunately, MemoryX has some of the best customer service in the business. I'm supposed to get an RMA number by the end of the (west coast) business day. Unfortunately, that means I'm back down to 2GB until this is resolved. <_<

Edited by Knuckledragger

The HDMI specification defines an HDMI cable as having only HDMI connectors on the ends. Anything else is not a licensed use of the specification and therefore, not allowed.
So my DVI-to-HDMI converter cable is illegal? That's a rather moronically closed gesture. They're basically excluding themselves from anyone who has a graphics card that does not have HDMI built in (in other words, that would rule out breakout cables as well).

Oh well, it was nice knowing you while you lasted, HDMI.