Ye Macce Threade

I think that Apple f'd up by halting new mobile me accounts months before iOS 5 and Lion are out with iCloud. If I was going to be a new Apple customer right now I'd be ticked off that I couldn't use it until the fall. I have MM syncing my Macbook, iMac, iPhone 4 and iPad 2, so they all share the same contacts, calendars, bookmarks, alarms, preferences, and everything else; and I couldn't imagine not having it. My wife and 3 kids also rely on MM to keep their Mac and iPhone sync'd, as well as for being able to log into another's computer and be up and running right away.

The new 5Gb online storage in addition to our multimedia files wont cut it for me, and it's not clear if we can buy more storage (I'm using 13 Gb on my iDisk right now). Plus, the 10 device limit on iCloud music wont cover all of our Macs, iPhones and iPads. They should also give us more details about what other features of mobile me we have to give up in the transition.

Did you really expect unlimited devices for effectively a free service (or ~$2/month service if you choose to pay)? Considering iCloud will be attached to a single iTunes/iCloud account, 10 devices (that are WIFI and/or 3G capable) should be more than enough.

As for the storage size reduction, I agree, it sucks, but it's going to be free. Besides, DropBox is a far better solution than iDisk.

In regards to new Apple customers and lack of MobileMe, I'm not sure it matters all that much - MobileMe wasn't exactly a successful endeavor for Apple.

EDIT - Weird, the forum software keeps adding extra line breaks. As you can see. ^

Edited by Salt Peanuts

I bet you no one at Apple who ever even ate lunch with some one who once worked on MobileMess is allowed anywhere near Steve's scary, gas-mask-face, motherfucking datacenter OF THE FUTURE! :lol:

stevejobswwdc2011liveblogkeynote1111.jpg

Goes with the motherfucking campus OF THE FUTURE!

apple-hq-proposal.jpg

Steve Jobs reveals Apple's new spaceship campus, calls it the 'best office building in the world' (video) http://j.mp/l5g6Eb

Edited by blessingx

Did you really expect unlimited devices for effectively a free service (or ~$2/month service if you choose to pay)? Considering iCloud will be attached to a single iTunes/iCloud account, 10 devices (that are WIFI and/or 3G capable) should be more than enough.

As for the storage size reduction, I agree, it sucks, but it's going to be free. Besides, DropBox is a far better solution than iDisk.

In regards to new Apple customers and lack of MobileMe, I'm not sure it matters all that much - MobileMe wasn't exactly a successful endeavor for Apple.

EDIT - Weird, the forum software keeps adding extra line breaks. As you can see. ^

I'd rather pay for it and get what I need/want from it.

PS: We have 5 macs, 5 iPhones and 2 iPads. Do the Macs count out of the 10 devices? The family shares one iTunes music store account, but we have a family mobile me 5-pack with our own mobile me address for each one of us.

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

Grawk, thanks again. After a few you're-lucky-we're-replacing-this-poorly-designed-product-as-you-didn't-buy-in-an-Apple-store comments, they replaced the MacBook expanding battery free today. Should last now at least until that MBA announcement (and maybe just as music server after). BTW, anyone else really hoping toslink comes to MBA?

Edited by blessingx

I'd rather pay for it and get what I need/want from it.

PS: We have 5 macs, 5 iPhones and 2 iPads. Do the Macs count out of the 10 devices? The family shares one iTunes music store account, but we have a family mobile me 5-pack with our own mobile me address for each one of us.

Under the new system, you will be forced to send back 2 of those devices to Apple, on your dime. Sorry.