Omega 2 vs K1000 shootout

deepak

I've all my wisdom teeth,

two up top

and two beneath.

And yet I recognise,

my mouth says things

That aren't so wise.

I'm having my two bottom wisdom teeth pulled on the 26th.

I'm pretty sure my Dentist had sex with me when he pulled my wisdom teeth out.

I say that because he forgot that he'd only given me Novocaine, so I was wide awake.

Still he had a gentle touch, and did this thing with his middle finger...

Well anyway, I let it pass without incident.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say that because he forgot that he'd only given me Novocaine, so I was wide awake.

My dentist is a quite hot lady. So bring it on.

did it hurt?

• 4 months later...

I feel so guilty buying a dynamic after exercising abstinence for so long. I hope my middling serial number (~7000) has lots of bass because I'm going to listen to trance mp3s through them, with the aid of stacked power conditioners and ERS paper.

Could someone remind me what the PCB was used for and what effect it had on the sound?

Oh okay, thanks. Then that means changing the values can alter the frequency response of the drivers, if I ever were to get that fiddly. The graph in the manual says frequency response is completely flat +-2dB from 50Hz to 20kHz and only 4dB down at 40Hz but I don't know if this is with a bass heavy or bass light or other version.

Yeah, notch filters shouldn't be messed around with. Makes me wonder why some people thought removing them made it sound better.

You have an Ergo AMT? Cooooool. If you don't find one for cheap I can try to bring my Jecklin 'stats and K1000 up to NYC for comparison with your Ergo AMT and Sigma for an ultimate soundstage/Sturzhelm/craziness shootout if you're willing to host.:P

By that time I will probably already have met up with Colin for an O2/K1K comparison so that will be old news.

I think it is just a notch filter, so I wouldnt go playing with it. A notch in the wrong place doesnt sound like something I would care for.

I measured with and without it at some point on two different versions of K1000, from what I remember removing it had the same effect on both and just bumped up the upper midrange & treble a few dB. I don't know if I saved any of those measurements or not... I'll see if I can find them.

Well, fewer components in the signal path would be the theoretical reason why they would think it would sound better. Maybe "frequency response" isn't a high priority with them.

Maybe, though I never understood why anyone would want anything other than flat. As soon as a headphone is out of my tolerances in terms of deviations from flat frequency response I immediately stop caring about it (unless it's moddable like orthos). And if it's something I own, I sell it.

Stax wins. Save yourself the time and money.

Given how much he likes the SR-007 you are probably right.

Edit:

Thanks Fitz.