Apple Tablet

You need an app for that: iPhone Printing: There's an App for that - As seen in the Apple "Print n Share"

I'd really like to print off iPad as well. HPA, do you actually use this app, and how convenient is it? When I read the web site, it looks kind of tedious - you have to close out the app you're in, go into the Print n Share app, then print. Is it easier in practice than it sounds?

I moved my router closer the entrance to the room it is in and raised it up higher which seems to have improved reception with the iPad. I noticed that when the wireless gets slow, I can shut down and when it's back on, the speed increases. Overall, I am please with the wireless speed now.

There's an app called soundpaper for the iPad that looks neat. It allows to to record audio of what's going on (like conversation in a meeting) while you type notes. Then when you select a word in the notes, it takes you to that spot in the audio recording. Pretty neat idea. Might have to download it and try it out.

I'd really like to print off iPad as well. HPA, do you actually use this app, and how convenient is it? When I read the web site, it looks kind of tedious - you have to close out the app you're in, go into the Print n Share app, then print. Is it easier in practice than it sounds?

You are right, it is a little tedious, but I have had to use it a few times to print a contact or a photo, and it works great to let me access my files on iDisk and print them (doc, txt, PDF, jpg, etc). To print an email you have to enter the mail servers into the app and fetch the mail from within the app, or use the built in browser to visit a webpage that you want to print. iPhone OS really should have printing built-in and I was disappointed that it isn't in OS 4.0 where it belongs.

The iPads at the Apple Store were disgusting. Just think of the germs being transmitted with all those people fingering them. Eww.

Reminds me of something a friend of mine overheard on a plane from India. The man in the seat ahead of him was hitting the flight attendant call button on and off for awhile without reaction. When someone finally showed up, he said "I have been fingering the stewardess for over an hour and she is not yet coming." Not quite as funny without his excellent accent, but you get the idea.

Well, I have my son's older 8gb 3G jailbroken and running the MyWi app to make it a WiFi router, and connected the iPad successfully. Speedtest reported 500-600 Kbps downloads and 70 Kbps upload speed. I might do this on my early 3GS now, but it looks like it could suck the 3G battery dry in about 4 hours... Will do a battery test soon and report back.

This might help the next guy but I used the iClarify.com tutorials. Both phones were running an old 3.0.1 OS with 4.26 baseband. I used PWNageTool 3.1.5 to create a custom .ipsw file for 3.1.2 and installed that, so the baseband is untouched and it can still be unlocked with UltraSn0w or BlackSn0w. If you have OS 3.1.3 with 5.12 baseband you're screwed.

I had my first issue with the Wifi dropouts at the SFO Airport. Trying to use a TMobile Hotspot and for about the first 10 minutes and especially when trying to go through the process of buying the time it kept losing the connection. Since this is the only time I have had the problem I assume it is a TMobile-specific issue but after the first few minutes it worked the rest of the day fine.

Really enjoying mine. Spent some time tonight trying to figure out the AOL chat app with Brent's assistance. I found it worked very well as a lone computer during my trip to the West Coast.

The Apple Case was waiting for me when I got home. Not sure if I am going to use it or not as I like this travel case and I like the grip case better.

Edited by VPI

I haven't used my notebook, other than for work, since the iPad arrived. I am able to watch movies off my mini in my music room using Air Video, chat on HC using iteleport, the wifi issue pops up only on occasion and a simple reboot takes care of it. I could not be more happy.

I was able to JB my wife's old 3G iPhone that had 3.1.3, which was not able to be JB but apparently there was a work around. If it remains stable I may upgrade my phone to 3.1.2 so I will have mms messaging with the ultimate goal of restoring it back to factory specs when 4.0 is released. I will have the other phone to use as with MyFi for 3G tethering.

Edited by tyrion