Apple Tablet

The 2 is definitely a big improvement for me. I'm sitting outside, got ribs smoking, and I am able to see the screen without a problem. Even in the sun I can see the screen. With the 1 it was almost unusable outside. Now it's looks the same as my iPhone 4 outside. It os faster, plays video without a hiccup. Once a website loads, no more reloading when you switch between tabs or come back to safari after using another app.

Congrats to the new 2 owners! Went to BB last night and lucky for me, they were sold out. Got to play with the demo unit, and like it a lot. Certainly smaller, lighter and faster than 1. For now, though, I'm with Jim. Updated to iOS 4.3, I'm good for now.

Shit did Paul Thurrott almost give the iPad 2 a positive review [cached - currently down]?

It's all very exciting, assuming you don't have some stake in the competition. I don't, not really, though people assume I do, or want to believe that. I like Apple's stuff, some of it a lot. I like the current iPad, and I'm going to like the new one more, though again the screen ... that's a sore spot for me. We'll see.

Ultimately, I recommend those tech products and services that make the most sense for Windows users. It's getting harder and harder to look away from the Apple stuff. The company's relentless improvements and innovation can be breathtaking. There's nothing like it from other companies, not to this scale. There just isn't.

I moved from a personal 64GB to a work 32GB (selling the 64) and it was basically seemless, with little/no modifications with how I handled file updating, etc. Then again I stream a lot. Currently 16GB in apps and so same available for M4Vs, ALACs, FLACs, etc.

EDIT: That 16GB for apps includes in-app files like FLACs in FLAC Player.

Edited by blessingx

Connect your pad to the computer with iTunes you initially used o set it up and it should tell you there is an update available for your iPad. make sure and sync the computer and the iPad first and then just let iTunes go ahead and update iOS on the iPad.

Thanks for this. All updated and it seems a good bit faster.

Im wondering if any of you padders have the same little glitch as I :

When I click on the "go to last post read" button on the new posts page, I have to click it twice. It seems to do it on a number of other links here too. Anybody else experience this?

yes, ipad memory is good for the same things that ipod memory and hard disk space is good for. Applications, application data, music, and videos.

The only difference between a 32gb ipad and a 64gb ipad is 32gb. No speed difference. Oh, the other difference is $100.

Not quite as exciting as all the iPad 2 news, but I just ordered a refurb 16gig Wi-Fi iPad 1. $383.90 shipped. :) After a lot of reading I determined it was the best value for my purposes, mainly web browsing around the house and the occasional game of Angry Birds.