Apple Tablet

It was actually in loose fitting non-OEM iPad 1 case at the time, and it slid off a nightstand two feet to the floor and hit the heater vent cover, which dented the top edge near the exposed power switch. If it had been an Apple case it would have been safe too, but I gave that to my wife with the iPad 1.

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

Wait...how did it get dented?

The non-Apple iPad 1 case was too loose and also the opening near the power switch was too big, which exposed too much of the iPad along the edge. So when the iPad slid off the nightstand onto the metal heater vent cover in the floor it got dented. It was just bad luck, and it protected the iPad from most other kinds of damage.

See the extra large opening for the power switch in the photo. When I bought the case for iPad 1 it was because the Apple cases weren't available yet, and the photos online didn't show the big openings on this one. I only used it for a month until I could get an Apple case, and then put it aside until I needed it for the iPad 2 because no full-coverage cases were out for it yet.

photo2vz.jpg

photo1uka.jpg

Damn Larry that sucks about your ipad2. Was it still within the return/exchange period? If so, if it was me I would have went to the apple store and complained for making the ipad2 so vulnerable to damage.

i really doubt that would work, maybe if it was within the exchange period

The non-Apple iPad 1 case was too loose and also the opening near the power switch was too big, which exposed too much of the iPad along the edge. So when the iPad slid off the nightstand onto the metal heater vent cover in the floor it got dented. It was just bad luck, and it protected the iPad from most other kinds of damage.

See the extra large opening for the power switch in the photo. When I bought the case for iPad 1 it was because the Apple cases weren't available yet, and the photos online didn't show the big openings on this one. I only used it for a month until I could get an Apple case, and then put it aside until I needed it for the iPad 2 because no full-coverage cases were out for it yet.

photo2vz.jpg

photo1uka.jpg

I would be pretty pissed if this happened to my $500 device, I'd probably drive to Apple (who are a bleeding hour away) and give the closest genius a piece of my mind. Then stop for ice cream because it is hot out and I don't like to use the AC.