Apple Tablet

My IPad 2 started reporting "No SIM" several times a day, and reseating the SIM each time helped initially. But after a couple of days of this I was having more trouble getting the SIM to be recognized until I removed and re-inserted the SIM several times.

On Monday the Apple Store genius squirted some compressed air in the SIM slot, and told me that if the issue continued I should go get a new SIM card from ATT because that is where 95% of the problems with "No SIM" come from. I got home from my appointment and found the iPad 2 reporting no SIM again, but this time reseating the SIM didn't help so the ATT store replaced it with a new SIM which worked. I got home to find it reporting No SIM again.

So I saw the genius again the yesterday who decided to give me a refurbished iPad 2 as a replacement, and I still have my 21 months of Apple Care. The refurb looks good as new and it didn't come pre-dented, so I guess I have nothing to complain about. I saved the Zagg screen protector, and if I can find the original package I can mail it back and have them send me a new one. While I was at the Apple Store I asked about Tyler (who works there) and found out that he is at his Turkish Immersion Program in Minnesota. (edit, sorry Wisconsin). I hope he's having fun. :\

Also bought my daughter some $40 UE 700i earphones at the Apple Store for her birthday, hoping they are better than her Skullcandy Ink'd that die every 3-4 months. Has anyone here tried those out?

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

Aw, I miss Apple. Speaking Turkish all goddamn day is really starting to be a bit of a raw nerve. Since it's a small program, all the students are lumped together, and I have the least experience. While I know that it's beneficial to learn from other more experienced students, I also often feel like a 12 year old whose parents sent him straight to college in the hopes that ludicrously hard classes would encourage him to "learn more".

Thanks Apple thread!

No idea about the reliability, but V-Moda Crossfades sounded pretty good.

Also, why would you want a new Zagg? Didn't it not work? You should just send it back, period.

I'll check out the v-moda, thanks.

As for the Zagg screen protector - it did a good job fixing the glare and fingerprint issue with the screen, but I can't re-install the old one, the edges are too dirty and not sticky enough. I didn't have the full body coverage Zagg.

I'm going to guess double, plus or minus $200. I'm thinking more likely minus, but only for the higher configurations -- I think the entry level 16/non-3G will be $999, and 16/3G will be $1199. I think the 32's and 64's will be $100 higher, similar to the extant pricing structure. So change that "double" to "$500 more expensive".

Yes, I am pulling these numbers out of my ass. I've been wrong before. But I think demand for this screen resolution is going to be high, and it's still going to be expensive to manufacture until they manufacture a lot of them -- and I think they will -- so that's my guess. Early adopter prices.