Apple Tablet

The gods were shining upon me today, went to Walmart ( god I hate them) and they were sold. Went to Best Buy and the line was over an hour long to get the white 64gb Ipad. Then a Mom and son walked in with a black ipad 64 gb and wanted white and sold me their black one for my place in line and the chance to get a white one. So for going rate I got my black ipad2 64gb with time to spare to pick up some beer at my local pizza and beer joint. Hip Hip Hooray for me!

It feels substantially lighter than the ipad 1 even thought it really isn't. Off to ebay with my ipad gen 1 64gb tomorrow.

Connect your pad to the computer with iTunes you initially used o set it up and it should tell you there is an update available for your iPad. make sure and sync the computer and the iPad first and then just let iTunes go ahead and update iOS on the iPad.

It seems to me apple did everything they could to get the ipads into the hands of as many people as they could as quickly as they could while in the process giving a big PR splash. Given that the verizon iphone sale was reported as a failure, even tho they sold over a million phones in a week, it's pretty understandable that they would manage things differently this time. Of course there were more people this time than the last ipad on sale, more people get it now. I can say the line I was in moved quickly, and you knew within minutes of the door opening whether or not you'd get an ipad. Given that there's a 14 day full refund, you could have taken a wifi model, then brought it back in 12 days to exchange for a 3g model, or to THEN wait a couple of weeks for a 3g model, and still had both ipads on your vacation. But I guess apple should have catered to you more thoroughly. After all, you did show up when it was convenient for you.

I sauntered over to Best Buy at 6pm when I got off work on the off chance demand wasn't as high as expected and I could snag a $499. the line was quite long, from the back of the store to the front. looks like they had a good system going down with vouchers etc. I talked to an excited young man in a blue shirt who informed me the $499 models were sold out. which is fine because I wasn't about to stand in line for an hour for one. :)

I'll probably end up ordering online and waiting. in the mean time I'm enjoying reading user reports.

Connect your pad to the computer with iTunes you initially used o set it up and it should tell you there is an update available for your iPad. make sure and sync the computer and the iPad first and then just let iTunes go ahead and update iOS on the iPad.

Duh. I knew it had to be easy. Im notused to the Apple world yet.

Thanks.

I work near a Target store, went there after work, it was maybe 5:15.

I wasn't even thinking of the ipad 2 release.....when I walked around the electronics section, I could almost hear crickets.

I popped in the row where they have the apple gear, and remembered the release (a really big note that they were available at 5:00 didn't escape this watchful eye :P ).

All of a sudden, an in-store security guy comes to me, and says they have some ipad 2's FS up at the counter, several models left.....I thanked him, but said I wasn't interested in buying today.

It was just very weird; from my one isolated perspective, the launch wasn't a big deal.