Apple Tablet

That is an awfully long article that says essentially nothing.

Here's one of the better articles I've ready about the Tablet, albeit it is more about what the device is likely to be in the context of how Apple approaches any product. But I found it interesting anyway and figured others might as well.

Daring Fireball: The Tablet

:confused:

:laugh:

I thought it time we come full circle, no one knows shit about this thing and it's likely going to remain that way and only get worse for the next 20 odd days.

In truth, I do find the portion of the article about how the culture of Apple has tended to develop products very interesting. It just doesn't say jack about the tablet.

paul thurrott can suck my dick.

I get his Windows newsletter via email at work just for the humor. Usually it is 60% about where he and his pathetic family are vacationing this month. I damn near pissed myself the time he wrote about his kid getting his head stuck in a turnstyle somewhere.... Douche Nozzle.

But as mentioned above, can we at least wait until we see if Apple is even releasing a tablet before we claim other products to be superior?

And thus began the great tablet wars of 2010.... so many dead fanboys... so bloody.

:kitty:

This has been SOP for Microsoft for a very long time. Someone else starts doing something innovative around their patch and they immediately announce some piece of vaporware that's going to take it on head to head. It used to work well when they were the biggest and the baddest on the block -- the investors would either shit themselves and shut off the funding spigot for the luckless start-up. Or, they'd go crawling to Redmond asking to be bought out and shut down.

Problem is, it doesn't work anymore because nobody is afraid of MS anymore. They are slow, reactive and out of touch. Apple's creaming the hardware space on one side of them and Google owns the Web space on the other. And both are slowly squeezing Microsoft's one pillar, the OS near-monopoly. Windows Mobile is on life support as Android and iPhone OS charge ahead. If (not if, when) those are extended onto tablet devices and if (this one's a little iffier) tablet devices truly begin to supplant laptops as the primary mode of mobility computing, MS is up the proverbial shit creek.

So, nowadays, this is pretty much just the equivalent of Ballmer jumping up and down and yelling: "We're still in it! We're still in it!"

Problem is, it doesn't work anymore because nobody is afraid of MS anymore. They are slow, reactive and out of touch.

Any time they actually manage to get ahead these days, they also get bollocked by lawsuits.

With respect to touchscreen tech specifically, they have been showing off those whole table touchscreens for a LONG time. I doubt any smaller consumer product will be done half-arsed.

And thus began the great tablet wars of 2010.... so many dead fanboys... so bloody.

:kitty:

yelp seems this year is going to be about tablet's for sure!

I remember hearing about Gates talking about Tablets..

Vintage Bill Gates Predicts Tablets to Be the 'Most Popular Form of PC Sold in America' - Bill gates tablet - Gizmodo

if Apple can do what they did for the mp3 player and cell phone market to the Tablet market then this will be the year of the Tablet, say goodbye to netbooks and laptops! cause every company from google (chrome O/S being geared towards SSD), Microsoft (with windows 7 touch features) to the pc/netbook/laptop makers from eepc to HP and Dell. all these companies have the ability to direct their products at the tablet market. even Intel and AMD have sweet cpu's that can do the job and also SSD and smaller HDD drives being more and more easily obtainable.

if Apple does release a Tablet like product running OS X lite (same iphone/touch os) then i would probably buy it myself, in fact i am waiting to see what happens before i upgrade my netbook.

you give me a 7-10 inch Apple touch with 3g/4g while having decent storage and battery life i will easily flip over $1000 to you.