Apple Tablet

I wouldn't hold your breath for a physical keyboard on the device itself. I do hope that you will be able to use a physical keyboard either wirelessly via Bluetooth or wired via a dock of some kind. But it wouldn't surprise me if even that wasn't an option.

Bluetooth or wired dock would be great, although I'd be perfectly happy with either option paired with an iTouch. I've read theories that Apple disallows this with the iTouch in order to not steal sales from the coming tablet. So maybe there is hope?

Apple already makes a perfectly nice Bluetooth keyboard that I'm typing on right now. Seems crazy that they wouldn't just let the Tablet pair with that if you want to. But, as Thrice says, they go their own way.

I'd love a fold up portable version of this keyboard!

If the ~$1000 price point is correct it better be able to pair with a damn keyboard.

Yikes! I thought we were talkin' $500-ish here:?!

Oh, and can anyone clarify ... do zombies HAVE to eat the flesh and bowels of living people or do they just do it for the fun and pleasure of it?

Oh, and can anyone clarify ... do zombies HAVE to eat the flesh and bowels of living people or do they just do it for the fun and pleasure of it?

They have an uncontrollable urge to bite and eat any living thing, but brains are the delicacy. They probably enjoy it much in the way Hannibal Lector seemed to have preferred it or the way that Monkey has urges for DACs, but pays more attention to the chipsies sometimes. I think brains are just that much more gourmet, like their personal lobster smothered in their own kind of butter. I'm probably going to find a way to ease into being a Zombie with the time comes. :)

They have an uncontrollable urge to bite and eat any living thing, but brains are the delicacy. They probably enjoy it much in the way Hannibal Lector seemed to have preferred it or the way that Monkey has urges for DACs, but pays more attention to the chipsies sometimes. I think brains are just that much more gourmet, like their personal lobster smothered in their own kind of butter. I'm probably going to find a way to ease into being a Zombie with the time comes. :)

Makes sense, got it.

But, I thought Hannibal Lechter preferred liver, fava beans, and a nice chianti (slurp, slurp) ... ?

If they price it for $1,000 I'd be worried it could fail like Windows Tablet PC where the tablets were more expensive than a full laptop with the same performance. At $1,000 many people would take a $999 white Macbook instead. I'd like to see a $699 price point, or less, but $799 may not be unreasonable unless it's not much more useful than an over sized Touch.

I'm not sure - the $1k could be doable. I just can't imagine Apple will release anything remotely similar to the flop that is Windows tablet. They have been working on this in one way or another for years, and I'd be very surprised if you didn't end up having usage possibilities for this that you do not have on a standard laptop. I can see a situation where, as a general purpose machine, whatever this tablet is called could be more useful to me than a MacBook. At which point, it being a bit more expensive no longer seems strange.

I see it this way: Apple has absolutely no need to bring such a product to the market. No-one out there has made a convincing tablet, and no previous tablet designs have taken off to any significant degree. The justification for them getting involved is that they believe they can redefine the market, and if you look at the iPod and iPhone as the last two 'new' form factors they introduced, they seem to know how to do it. Though the iPhone does not have the kind of dominance that the iPod has, it has still clearly redefined the smartphone market.

Btw, seeing the YouTube clip above, I'm loving the new HTML5 version. It is so much better than Flash - it doesn't crash all the time, and the CPU usage is much better. I hate flash!

Wait a darn minute.

If zombie eats you then you turn into one of them. They like to eat your brains as a delicacy. Shooting a zombie in the brain is the only way to kill one. If they eat your brain, when you become a zombie then you can't be killed. All zombies die from a head-shot. There's a paradox here.

Back on topic, please. *Points to thread title.*

• The Apple Tablet's healing rays will cure the zombie virus infection in its early stages (pre-mortality).
  • The Apple Tablet will be thin enough to use as a decapitation weapon for those zombies it is too late to save.
  • Power users will be able to fling their Tablet through multiple zombie-necks and have it automatically return to them (auto-return to be shipped in iPhone OS 4.0 as well). Apple is lobbying to make this an event for the 2012 Olympics but there is still a dispute about whether GPS assist will be allowed, so it is possible this feature won't be announced on Wednesday.

Carry on.

That makes more sense. Can we add this to wikipedia or something?

It's not here either: A Head-Shrinker Studies The Zombie Brain : NPR

Nice article, HPA! Makes me think:

1. I am an audio zombie, substituting audio consumption for consumption of human flesh. (Anyone else?)

2. This is why I never eat brains. (Refer to 'bizarre foods' thread).

3. I wish I could have gone to Harvard for my residency. The psychiatry of zombies?! They do all the best research ...

There was an rumored price leak. $500 - $600 with contract and $1000 without. The rumors also suggest that T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint will be getting the iphone over the next 6 - 9 months.

If there is an ATT contract and $600 price, I will likely be in. The other question is what will be the additional monthly cost for 3G.