Apple Tablet

Speaking of the Matrix, its funny that today I read that Will Smith was offered the part for Neo but turned that down instead to star in Wild Wild West... I just can't imagine Neo from the Matrix series being Will Smith. But either way, Wild Wild West was a flop at the box and The Matrix turned out to be successful. Guess he chose the wrong film to star in.:D

wild_wild_west_99.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGZ_OfXci7hkU_EHcM0eN3izOwmxwor MATRIX.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGTaMrywHw0x3uD0XPmB3gZfPQNEw

Speaking of the Matrix, its funny that today I read that Will Smith was offered the part for Neo but turned that down instead to star in Wild Wild West... I just can't imagine Neo from the Matrix series being Will Smith. But either way, Wild Wild West was a flop at the box and The Matrix turned out to be successful. Guess he chose the wrong film to star in. MATRIX.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGTaMrywHw0x3uD0XPmB3gZfPQNEw
Actually I remember reading an interview with him in which he said he was glad Keanu took that part - he said he would have screwed it up and Keanu got the tone just right.

Speaking of the Matrix, its funny that today I read that Will Smith was offered the part for Neo but turned that down instead to star in Wild Wild West... I just can't imagine Neo from the Matrix series being Will Smith. But either way, Wild Wild West was a flop at the box and The Matrix turned out to be successful. Guess he chose the wrong film to star in.

I don't know about that. Because of that decision Will Smith is only responsible for one turd of a movie... Wild Wild West. Keanu Reeves decision to play Neo resulted in a good move... The Matrix... And two complete turds that were far worse than Wild Wild West... The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions. I'd argue that the Wild Wild West was the lesser of two evils. No expectations means no real disappointment from WWW. But the Matrix sequels? They could teach a class at film school on how to follow up a successful film to maximize audience disappointment based on the Matrix series.

x2. All I got from it was the iSlate will not be an updated iPod touch or just an eBook reader. Not exactly news.

I dunno, I think it just said "here's my guess". It very well could end up being a 7" ipod touch.

I don't know about that. Because of that decision Will Smith is only responsible for one turd of a movie... Wild Wild West. Keanu Reeves decision to play Neo resulted in a good move... The Matrix... And two complete turds that were far worse than Wild Wild West... The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions. I'd argue that the Wild Wild West was the lesser of two evils. No expectations means no real disappointment from WWW. But the Matrix sequels? They could teach a class at film school on how to follow up a successful film to maximize audience disappointment based on the Matrix series.

I preferred the 2nd and 3rd matrix movies to the first. Given that the goal was to expose millions of people to interesting ideas of what it means to be alive, I think it worked.

Did 10 miles on a stationary bike last night and discovered one thing the Slate will be absolutely great for -- passing time while on a stationary bike. The iPhone/Touch is too small and fiddly to type and surf effectively when you're doing something else that involves even minimal body motion. And unless you built a really trick stand, a laptop obviously isn't feasible either.

Might be a bit too much of a niche market for Steve, though. And he probably favors yoga or pilates anyway. :)

Did 10 miles on a stationary bike last night and discovered one thing the Slate will be absolutely great for -- passing time while on a stationary bike. The iPhone/Touch is too small and fiddly to type and surf effectively when you're doing something else that involves even minimal body motion. And unless you built a really trick stand, a laptop obviously isn't feasible either.

Might be a bit too much of a niche market for Steve, though. And he probably favors yoga or pilates anyway. :)

know what is way better on a stationary bike? competing against other stationary bikers online in a biking video game

know what is way better on a stationary bike? competing against other stationary bikers online in a biking video game

I tried that - my boss has his road bike hooked up to a Tacx trainer, which is connected to his computer/TV. The trainer can even detect steering, you can steer up/down hills (in/decreasing the trainer's resistance) or even crash (the trainer locks the back wheel!).

OTOH there's the "biking" on Wii Sports Resort...

Something like that would probably keep me on a bike longer, if I ever get my lazy ass back to exercising. :palm:

I have a similar program for the indoor rower and it's pretty cool. It's also seen pretty much no use in the last year or so. :palm:

The rower or the program?