Beyer T1

Hopstretch

It would certainly be nice if beyer did manage an exciting hi end phone. I'm sure they have the know-how and resources to do it if they choose, they don't appear to have shown much interest in the past to go for such an endeavor. With all their studio and pro equipment, perhaps they never considered it worthwhile for the relatively small market they appeal to. Maybe they've come to see the positive side of prestige trickle down. Who knows, there have been many lamenting the lack of flagships over the last few years and now it appears we'll be swimming in them soon :)

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read Gu Sensei's take on the T1, and its a little contradictory/confusing to me. He says:

From a technical performance standpoint, I would put the T1s on the same level as the HD800s and PS1000s..

But then shortly says:

They have excellent soundstaging, clarity, and detail retrieval; however, I think the HD800s and PS1000s both exceed the T1s in these areas.

Another example:

To me their most noticeable strengths are their imaging, balanced and natural sounding frequency response, and buttery-smooth presentation coupled with a touch of lushness.

Then proceeds to describe:

They have a nice lush rich sound and are engaging and very easy to listen to without fatigue.

But as always, major grain of salt taken especially since he seems to have had a relatively short time with them. I don't mean to put him down in any way and appreciate his effort at describing his experience with the T1, but his take just confused me because I couldn't really tell what he wanted to say or not. I'd love to audition these some day, but it doesn't look promising to me given that I don't get musical satisfaction from "musical" presentations. I like neutrality and extreme technical prowess. I generally prefer shoved microdetails and copious amounts of treble(somewhat contradictory myself). The O2 is probably the only phone I could stand, thats so casual and reserved with its rendition. But thats only because i've heard it "woken" up with proper amplification and its the most detailed transducer i've ever heard. I'm not in the market for any new phones anytime soon, but its great when companies come out with new products, especially ones that show no limitations to a companies ability in engineering and innovation. Even if its still just a dynamic.:P:D

• 4 weeks later...
Looks like Drew might not be able to offer the connector mod afterall: Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - View Single Post - Beyerdynamic T1 Tesla Headphone

I hope he's able to sort this out, because cable swapping is always fun.

Drew is literally right down the road if he actually has a pair yet, I could check on an appointment. I'm kind of curious to hear what Beyer has done differently.

Todd has a demo pair right now too, so I am hoping to get his impressions soon. I made the mistake of looking at the T1 thread yesterday and regret having entered the fray.

I was tempted to start a fake fight with you about burn-in, then decided to have a drink instead.

EDIT: I also sent Todd an email seeking his impressions. I like Todd.

I recommend reading Tyll's review at HeadRoom. That seems to be a pretty objective and informative set of observations. I would not recommend the thread over at HF. That's a disaster.

I had a bear of a time finding this review. Navigating the new Headroom site is more than a bit ...trying. I ended up using the Goog to find it. I'm posting the link here in case anyone else who missed it the first time is curious.

[url=http://www.headphone.com/rightbetweenyourears/?p=1411]Right Between Your Ears World

I had a bear of a time finding this review. Navigating the new Headroom site is more than a bit ...trying. I ended up using the Goog to find it. I'm posting the link here in case anyone else who missed it the first time is curious.

Right Between Your Ears World’s Best Headphone Review: Beyerdynamic Tesla T1.

And if you start from the Right Between Yours Ears part, you cannot even easily get to the main HeadRoom sales site. At least not that I found easily and intuitively by clicking Home or some such. There should be an obvious link at the top of the page in case anybody from HR is reading here. :)