Hopstretch

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I really liked the DT531, so who knows, maybe the t1 will be alright

but, if they go with the 'electric' treble of other beyer phones (namely the 880's) it will most likely suck

it would be interesting to see a comparo tho between these and hd800's, since both are going for a 'neutral' approach

to me ATH's and AKG's just sound like the more coloured brands compared to Senn And Beyer

I really liked the DT531, so who knows, maybe the t1 will be alright

but, if they go with the 'electric' treble of other beyer phones (namely the 880's) it will most likely suck

it would be interesting to see a comparo tho between these and hd800's, since both are going for a 'neutral' approach

to me ATH's and AKG's just sound like the more coloured brands compared to Senn And Beyer

If the T1 ended up being a high-end version of the DT531, that would be awesome. I totally agree with you on the "electric" treble and cannot stand it. I'm not a big fan of any of the modern Beyers, but I'm hoping the T1 may change that.

1) Very neutral overall response, but perhaps just a tiny bit lush

They are, undoubtedly, a phenomenal headphone, and an enormous step forward from the DT880 (or its siblings

2) I am hoping for a little more top-end extension and a little more very deep bass weight after break in - but if neither of those things happen, I would still be happy.

3) w/r/t the HD800, I don't have them anymore, and so I'm not sure my comparison would be valid. But from what I've heard over the last few hours, with no break-in, I think the two are in the same league, and there are subtle differences. From memory, the HD800 has the even more expansive soundstage, but the T1's have a presence to the mids that lends a sense of musical realism beyond what I ever felt from the HD800.

SO:

1) They're a lush sounding Beyer (similar to the DT531 in that respect)

2) They're not basshead phones (my impression is Skylab is a basshead)

3) They have more musical mids than HD800 (so perhaps not the authority on neutrality/boringness)

Although it is still all heresay until I can hear them,

this info does impress me.

Quotes taken from this post:

Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA - Page 47 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

I'm fascinated by the sociological aspects of our little headphone world, when comparing the overall level of response that the T1 is getting relative to what the HD800 got when the collective knowledge base was essentially at this same stage.

Of course, it was Jude himself (in a very detailed and well written review) who broke the HD800 news, and not too much later, confirming opinions by 2 or 3, and then very quickly 8 or 10 other experienced and well respected folks. After that, all hell broke loose and order books were getting filled in hours, dozens of HD800 speculation threads started popping up (would they be good with X, Y or Z, and were they priced right, etc).

With the T1, about the only folks who have heard them extensively at this point are Skylab (well known, but opinions vary in terms of his ability to "get it right" in his reviews/impressions) and achristilaw (I don't know much about him and suspect I'm not the only one who doesn't). So, essentially, the T1's aren't getting much attention, whereas everyone was salivating to get a chance to hear the HD800.

I'm not saying that the T1's won't suck; they may well. But from what I've read from these two guys, they seem like strong contenders. Can't say I'm ready to buy a pair on faith, however.