Review: Britts Donuts, Carolina Beach, NC

Wmcmanus

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Krispy Kreme fan. I disagree with the host and lean towards the findings of Vicki. These were all hand-made to KK's factory production. I think the OP would find pleasure in visiting a Krispy Kreme. (There was one on the way to the shooting range/possibly airport as well). KK would have a doughnut (as opposed to Dunkin' Donuts' 'donut' spelling) tolerance of roughly 3%, as opposed to the ~25% variance of Britt's.

The taste was pretty good, though I still prefer KK. A large problem was these was a grossly inconsistent texture. The aforementioned chewey texture was countered with a spattering of areas that were a bit over done. The variances are deeper than this, but you'l just have to go out and try one or two (dozen) for yourself.

The reason I think the OP would enjoy a KK is 1) the consistency of the doughnut and 2) the wide range of flavours (Brrittts' has only glazed, iirc, where KK has a variety closer to that of the amount of cookies Wayne has eaten and compared before.

I'd say 6-7/10 tops on the Doughnut-gon scale.

**BRENT**

When I write a review, you are to worship and adore me for my efforts and agree with all of my conclusions. If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.