memory foam pillows

recstar24

Yes get a memory foam pillow. Get a brand name one and not some store brand. There is a difference in the time it takes for it to loose its memory foam quality and becomes basically foam rubber. I bought a couple of target brand pillows and in about a year they became too mushy. The ones I bought that were brand name lasted about twice as long before they became mushy.

I have two. One of them, in winter, is hard as a rock unless i warm it up in front of the heater first, and the other isn't, though they are almost the same shape and size. I pack mine and take it when I'm travelling because I can't sleep with normal pillows any longer, unless i want to wake up with a neck and head-ache.

I've been sleeping with memory foam pillows for about 6 years, and a memory foam mattress for over 4 years. I love both and hate it when I have to sleep elsewhere.

My pillows and mattress were bought from Sam's Club, and are the Sleep Innovations brand. Both are very good quality, and are like brand new to this day. The prices are excellent, especially for the quality of the product.

Do expect an adjustment period, but it's a small one for the pillows (about a month for the mattress).

Wow, didn't realize that they were that popular, I must have missed that memo, might have saved my wife and I some neck aches...

Chekhonte and others - do you have specific brands that you can recommend? Thanks.

Like guzy said, just look for milspec foam. You can also tell just by sqeezing them. The good kind will hold their hold your hand print for a good while the cheep kind don't.

EDIT: also, the good kind have a terrycloth/microfiber unzipable lining. You can't wash memory foam.

I love my memory foam pillow. Dusty, if you dont know, there are specific covers you can buy made for people with allergies which basically completely seal off the pillow/mattress, and can be taken off and washed. I have them, got them a few years ago at the recommendation of the allergist I saw at the time (not seeing any now).

All of these comments saying "can't do without it" remind me of a chiropractor. I think I'd stick with regular pillows just for the sake of not having my body/muscles get so used the memory foam that I couldn't comfortably use regular pillows anymore.

But that's just me. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Difference for me was that I regularly had aches from regular pillows before I used the memory foam pillow though. They aren't even expensive anymore. I now use a 2.5 inch thick memory foam bed pad on my mattress. It transformed a stiff cheap (free actually) mattress into my most comfortable bed I've had.