Part Sourcing Assistance/Advice Thread

n_maher

• 2 weeks later...

Could somebody help me buy this, or suggest a similar alternative? I'd like a good-enough quality, but easy to use stereo ADC interface. The roland UA-1G seems to fit in, because it could record 24bit/96kHz audio for less than 100 dollars.

Thanks!

The goal is to measure a room's impulse response.

Edited by ujamerstand

• 2 weeks later...

A case. Just a case. I read nattonrice's comments about the modushop/hifi2000 cases, and was thinking the same thing: cold rolled steel. Meh. I do like the smaller hifi2000 Galaxy cases, but need something bigger this time, like around the size of the 3U which is 16.9 x 11.8 x 4.72. Aluminum would be best, or at least mostly aluminum. Suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

VT4C?

http://www.vt4c.com/shop/program/main.php

Anyone done business with them? I have some Yarbo RCAs that I got through them via another member, but have never ordered directly from them myself.

I was going to buy some knobs from them, and have sent them 2 emails (per their order instructions) but have not heard anything back from them (in 3 days). Just wondering whats up with them...

I need 6 small knobs (17-19mm or 3/4") and don't feel like spending $6-$8 apiece for Kilos from Digikey for this application. They need to match as well.

Chris

VT4C?

http://www.vt4c.com/...rogram/main.php

Anyone done business with them? I have some Yarbo RCAs that I got through them via another member, but have never ordered directly from them myself.

I was going to buy some knobs from them, and have sent them 2 emails (per their order instructions) but have not heard anything back from them (in 3 days). Just wondering whats up with them...

I need 6 small knobs (17-19mm or 3/4") and don't feel like spending $6-$8 apiece for Kilos from Digikey for this application. They need to match as well.

Chris

Some places will take several weeks off for Chinese New Year.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure it isn't Lumberg? Looking them over, they do have receptacles with male pins, but not the same form factor.

Kycon has some in the same form factor, but female pins. You couldn't switch it and the plug over?

yeah, typo on my phone.There are two different DIN plug angles, it's hard to tell what that one is. They definitely have a female of both angles though.

I cannot change that type of connector for other with female contacts undecided.gif.

I have to find another solution to this problem, if the act of designing a equipment were as easy to buy some things and throw them in a box, everything would be boring biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Thank you very much for your help.

-- o --

Rodrigo

I'm looking for a part. I am going to be making a bunch of discrete opamps. I need some sort of edge connector system to plug them into a main board. Ideally, for space reasons, I'd like them to be perpendicular to the main PCB, as there will be around 20 of them. Anything in particular I should look to use, other than the standard SIP connectors/sockets?

VT4C?

http://www.vt4c.com/...rogram/main.php

Chris

Not sure if you've heard back from them yet, but I ordered a few parts from them a couple of years back. Not fast, but not bad. they do seem to have an interesting assortment of shtuff. Partsconnexion has a decent assortment, although I wish they had some satin black 12mm items for sale. Edited by bhjazz

VT4C - bought loads of things from them over the years, the process of order - email - paypal - ship works, just takes a little time. ( shipping times are not ridiculous either ) They have great customer service too.

question for the masses. Is ampslab reliable? I have heard rumours of delays and difficult transactions but don't see much mention of them.

..dB

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...